We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Radio City Apartments

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Radio City Apartments

A friend and I are headed back to NYC over Memorial Day weekend(i know it's a tad in advance)

Last year we had stayed at the Courtyard Marriot on the UES, we enjoyed the hotel... but not the location. For our next trip we're looking at the Radio City Apartments. How is the hotel/area? We're both in our mid-twenties, looking to be close to a subway and some nightlife.

Thanks!

Durham
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Radio City Apartments

I loved it when I stayed there in Jan - it's right around the corner from Time Square, the subway is at the end of the road - about a minute walk if that! It's clean and I dont think for the price it can be beat :)

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Radio City Apartments

i am staying there in december and booked it on the strength of the excellent reviews it gets here. it seems to be extremely central just round the corner from Times Sq, a few minutes walk from Rockerfeller Center/TOTR and 5th Avenue shopping. According to many reviews the subway station is just across the street and there is an abundance of bars and restaurants on your doorstep. you should take some time and read the reviews on here, heaps and heaps of information

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,585 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Radio City Apartments

Stayed last August - couldn't fault it! Have booked there again next June.

If you decided on RCA, book now!!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Radio City Apartments

Stayed there in March. Even though it's around the corner from Times Square I didn't think it was too noisy. W49th was a lot quieter than the area in TS itself.

The furthest we walked for a subway was on a weekend when some of the other ones were off and took us less than 5 mins. The other 3 stops are even closer with the one that will take you to Union Sq literally on your doorstep.

Not sure about the nightlife though. We found better (read: less touristy) bars and restaurants over towards 8th Ave. Still only a couple of blocks over but there wasn't much for us on our immediate doorstep.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
130 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Radio City Apartments

Thanks for the advice!

I just checked the rates on the website and it went up over $200 from last week! And that is for the cheapest room!

From now until next Memorial Day, does anyone know if they will continue to rise? Thanks!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Radio City Apartments

I would book it now. It won't cost you anything. If you find somewhere you like better you can cancel without penalty (Up to 48 hours before your stay is due to start). On the other hand, if it gets cheaper, you can either speak to them about getting the new rate or cancel and rebook.

new jersey
Destination Expert
for Charlevoix, Michigan
Level Contributor
4,665 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Radio City Apartments

We stayed there on Saturday night. Convenient to the subway, uptown lines less than half a block, downtown line across 7th avenue from the uptown lines. Clean room, good service. Can't beat that. Book it now as it books up quickly. The services (concierge services) of this hotel are not what you would find at a Marriot but the location, price and overall value make it well worth it. Moms

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,017 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Radio City Apartments

If price is driving your choice, then RCA is a great option. But unless your idea of nightlife is the theater or tourist bars, this is NOT an area for the kind of nightlife I think you want. For that, you'd want to be in Chelsea, the lower east side, the village, Soho, Tribeca.

I can understand your feeling that the Courtyard UES was not very convenient b/c it's so far from a subway stop, but there are actually more bars and restaurants for young people in that area than in many others. I will also warn that the Courtyard is almost brand new and Radio City is far from that.

I would suggest either staying in a trendier midtown hotel (Hudson, QT, Time, Night, Royalton) or looking at staying downtown in a neighborhood with more going on. There are not a lot of affordable but decent options downtown, but here are some ideas

cosmohotel.com Tribeca

washingtonsquarehotel.com the village

greenwichvillagehome.com

chelsealodgesuites.com chelsea

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,187 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Radio City Apartments

I have a studio suite booked at RCA for Memorial Day weekend 2008 for $175 per night. I was looking at 2007 dates for someone else and the same suite was $220! Since RCA is so popular, my guess is that prices will continue to rise. Lock in the price now, and you can continue to look elsewhere in the meantime.

chicago
Level Contributor
814 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Radio City Apartments

This is one of NYC great gems....book early as the word is out and its hard to get a room. No frills but great midtown location and clean clean clean, and the staff could not be nicer. Close to everything via subway......I stayed in a studio last march with my son, and still plenty of room, and a one bedroom a year ago with all 3 kids and worked out great!