We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday evening Broadway?

Australia
Level Contributor
295 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sunday evening Broadway?

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know what plays are showing this Sunday night? I can't seem to find a single one!

Thanks

Nyc (Upper West...
Level Contributor
6,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday evening Broadway?

Broadway shows are not usually available on Sunday evening but some are available on Sunday afternoon. Shows are usually available on Tuesday through Saturday in the evening and Wednesday matinees in the afternoon. Some shows also have Sunday matinees. Monday night is usually "darK' that is not open.

Australia
Level Contributor
295 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday evening Broadway?

Thank you for that. Hmmm, I'm catching a red-eye Friday night, so I don't think I'd want to see a play Saturday night because chances are I'll be falling asleep! Would there be anything else that might be on a Sunday night that's quintessential 'New York', such as a concert you might recommend?

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
740 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunday evening Broadway?

The Color Purple has a performance on Sunday at 7:30.

And according to playbill.com, I found these Sunday night performances listed:

Legally Blond at 7:00 (I didn't care for this one at all.)

Mamma Mia at 7:00

Spelling Bee at 7:30

Drowsy Chaperone at 7:00

and noticed that Phantom has a Monday performance at 8:00.

I didn't confirm these times at the individual websites.

Safe travels!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
292 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday evening Broadway?

I may be doing some repeats of the post above but Sunday night shows:

100 Saints You Should Know

The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee

Avenue Q

Chicago

The Color Purple

Hairspray

Legally Blonde

The Lion King

Mamma Mia

RENT

Spring Awakening

there's also a whole slew of off-broadway fare from Altar Boyz to The Fantastiks, depending on what you're looking for maybe worth considering.

Keep in mind that depending on when you come, many shows are going to do a transition soon from summer to fall schedules, but honestly this should just put more shows on the Sunday evening circuit.

Also of the show's listed some have early curtains on Sundays, 6:30 is the earliest so check them on individually.

Enjoy!

Australia
Level Contributor
295 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday evening Broadway?

Thank you so much! I'll definately try and get a ticket to one of those shows! This will be great!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
98,964 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunday evening Broadway?

Here's a website I recently found that will list both B'way and off b'way shows playing by date and they give the times.

http://www.broadwayworld.com/happening.cfm

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
638 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunday evening Broadway?

This sunday you are in lucky..a few shows have added sunday performances for the holiday weekend. Try checking telecharge.com and ticketmaster.com under the individual show listings

Australia
Level Contributor
295 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunday evening Broadway?

Thanks again - I'm looking for tickets for Rent on Sunday night, but no website appears to indicate availability? That's strange, considering there's still tickets available for Saturday?

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
638 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunday evening Broadway?

That's bc RENT does not have a show this Sunday. You're out of luck this weekend. Their schedule change goes into effect after this week...and then they will start doing Sunday shows again

10. Re: Sunday evening Broadway?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 22:18