We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NY Party Shuttle or King of NY?

Ohio
Level Contributor
40 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
NY Party Shuttle or King of NY?

We want to do a bus tour as we are first timers. We've ruled out the Hop-0n-Hop-Off, but just can't decide which company to go with. We've reveiwed the itineraries over and over.

King of NY's half day isn't quite enough, and has an all day tour, but that's a long time.

NY Party shuttle has a staten island ferry tour but we'll do this another time as we want to go to Ellis Island.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Susan

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NY Party Shuttle or King of NY?

Just to clairfy, the Staten island Ferry does NOT go to the Statue of Liberty or Ellis Island. It is a commuter ferry between Manhattan and Staten Island.

To visit SOL and Ellis, take the ferries to Liberty Island operated by Circle Line, from Battery Park.

Be that as it may, yours is a popular question which, unfortunately, is difficult to answer because hardly anyone take both tours.

In a search of "best bus tours" and "marvelous vs shuttle", the Marvelous Manhattan fans seem to be more vocal in previous threads.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k843936-… New_York_Party_Shuttle_or_Marvelous_Manhattan-

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k414796-… NYC_Tour_Companys-

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k171339-… -Bus_tours_of_new_york-

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k1350125… Best_Tour_of_NYC_Party_Shuttle_or_Marvelous_Manhattan

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k544696-…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k547078-… _New_York_Party_Shuttle_

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k676853-… Grayline_Manhattan_Partytour_or_Magnificent_Manhattan

Ohio
Level Contributor
40 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NY Party Shuttle or King of NY?

Oh thanks so much, some good information here!

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: NY Party Shuttle or King of NY?

I am visiting NYC in Sept, and found through my research that most people like both, but I think the Marvelous Manhattan has gotten more exceptional reviews. I was debating between these 2 tours as well, and then we finally decided to do the hop on/hop off. But, I was definitely going to go on the MM tour, it seems great!

xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Level Contributor
161 posts
155 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NY Party Shuttle or King of NY?

I won't repeat myself about my opinion since atleast a couple of my replies/opinions are within the links above however, I did want to add that you're free to leave the MM all day tour at any time. On our tour, a couple left early because they had timed tickets to something else. If you're not worried about meeting another deadline, but instead, worried that you won't want to be on a tour for that long, I think you'll find that it will pass very quickly!

5. Re: NY Party Shuttle or King of NY?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 September 2009, 04:16