We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any Affordable Hotels within a few blocks of Time Square?

Lewisburg, West...
Level Contributor
577 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Any Affordable Hotels within a few blocks of Time Square?

Hello,

My daughter(11) and I will be traveling to NYC in early April, and would sure like to stay within short walking distance of all the action..ie..Time square, 5th avenue etc.. Can anyone recommend something in that area around early April for around $200-$250 per night or we just dreaming!! Thanks in advance.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,017 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any Affordable Hotels within a few blocks of Time Square?

Have a look on kayak.com and quikbook.com There should be some decent options. Radiocityapartments.com is one of the most popular if they have room. The Courtyard Marriott Fifth Ave., Courtyard Times Square South, Residence Inn,Hampton Inn Times Square North and Hilton Garden Inn on 8th ave. might work. The Salisbury would also be a good option.

Montreal
Level Contributor
1,963 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Any Affordable Hotels within a few blocks of Time Square?

I would book a stay that you can cancel and I would try calling directly the Millenium Broadway if you have looked at travelzoo com and not seen their special. They often have a special for 199$. It comes back often and sometimes they give it out even if it is not there anymore. I did that with the Carlton hotel and they honored it even if the special was not seen on travelzoo anymore.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
458 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any Affordable Hotels within a few blocks of Time Square?

The Belvedere is showing a rate of $239/night on quikbook.com for early April. It's a good hotel, very popular on TA. I stayed there two years ago and had no problems. For a while the hotel's prices were out of sight (that's why I didn't book again), but lately it has stabilized at about the same rate as comparable hotels in the area.

Book it now (it's cancelable) and then continue looking for a better deal. I've also stayed at the Hampton Inn Times Square North and just got back from the Hilton Garden Inn Times Square - both are good options, if you can find them at the price you want.

SALT LAKE CITY
Level Contributor
5 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Any Affordable Hotels within a few blocks of Time Square?

New York is very expensive. You might want to try Quality Hotel (right on time square) I have also had sucess in e-mailing the hotels to check for specials and see if they could lower the rate. I had one move from $395 per night to $325.00. Mindy (GO UTAH)

Irish Lass
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Any Affordable Hotels within a few blocks of Time Square?

Hi, I stayed in the radio citiy apartments for 1 week and found the location excellent. Your literally 1 miniute walk from Times Square and 30 seconds from a subway. The hotel itself is basic but very clean. Enjoy your trip!

Durham
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any Affordable Hotels within a few blocks of Time Square?

I'll stick a vote in for the Radio City Apartments too - stayed here in Jan with my mum and sister and it was perfect for us - not posh but clean and a good size (we had a one bed suite with two double beds).

If you decide on the RCA book it asap as it gets booked out quickly!

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any Affordable Hotels within a few blocks of Time Square?

You have entirely the wrong idea about geography and New York City.

You say you want to be near "all the action", and then list two places that are entirely different from each other. This is not surprising, because there is no single location that is "near all the action". The Metropolitan Museum of Art, for example, is about seven miles from the Statue of Liberty, and there is some other attraction to be found at every turn between the two. Forget about nasty and overpriced Times Square. Find someplace pleasant anywhere in Manhattan that is convenient to a subway, instead of to some arbitrary point that is not in fact handy to EVERYTHING. The only thing within short walking distance of ALL attractions is ... the subway!

UK
Level Contributor
62 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any Affordable Hotels within a few blocks of Time Square?

Hotel Mela, 44th and 5th

Superb hotel

Bowie, Maryland
Level Contributor
350 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any Affordable Hotels within a few blocks of Time Square?

I've used the Edison Hotel twice this year,- - - - - -a short block from Times Square. We like it there.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any Affordable Hotels within a few blocks of Time Square?

I would try the Wellington nothing fancy but good location.