We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yankees in the Play Offs

Australia
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Topic
Yankees in the Play Offs

Hi, could someone please tell me when i might be able to find out if the Yankees are in the play-offs (i heard there's a good chance they will be) and when will be the dates be decided when they play.

I'll be in New York from Oct 4-12 and would love to see a game. Also what are the chances of getting tickets for it? Kinda can't organise some things at the moment as i'd really love to go to a game. A friend of mine said i should just go and buy them off a scalper??

thanks

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,600 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yankees in the Play Offs

It's not known yet if Yankes will be in the playoffs. They have a good chance though.

When the time comes for tickets they will be very expensive. You might get them the easiest from stubhub.com.

In the meantime get major league baseball info at mlb.com.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yankees in the Play Offs

It may go down to the end of the season, hard to say right now.

I would keep checking their website for information.

newyork.yankees.mlb.com/index.jsp?c_id=nyy

If they do make it tickets will be hard to come by, keep checking the site.

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yankees in the Play Offs

Yankees? Yawn. On the other hand, the METS will almost certainly be in the post-season this year -- although tickets will be VERY hard to get.

LET'S GO METS!!!!!

Australia
Level Contributor
75 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Yankees in the Play Offs

Thanks everyone for the info. I'll keep an eye on the website to see what happens.

Bronxville, New York
Level Contributor
1,158 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yankees in the Play Offs

Sox, 10-1. Nuff said.

Seriously, it is very difficult to get playoff tickets for the Yankees. You will be best off checking ebay or stubhub.com.

Columbia, SC
Level Contributor
143 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yankees in the Play Offs

One of the best times I ever had at a baseball playoff game was not in the stadium, but a nearby pub.

I traveled to Boston in 2004, (the fateful year when the Curse of the Bambino finally vaporized). Playoff tickets were far out of reach for me at $500 and up. Instead, I joined my friends, two of them native Bostonians, at a a downtown pub to watch the game. There was a better choice of food, better service, big TV's everywhere, more comfortable seating, and a wildly enthusiastic crowd. Although nothing tastes quite as good as a hot dog at a ball game, the variety of appetizers at the bar came very close. Parking was free and we had no traffic to battle to get home.

The folks at the bar are all locals, so you'll get a real taste of the city and its inhabitants.

Unless the primary purpose of your trip halfway around the world is to go to a post-season game, I highly recommend watching the game in a local bar. Really.

The folks in the NYC forum can add comments as to the best place to watch a game.

Oh...and the Mets are the team to see in the post-season, not the Yankees. Lets Go Mets!

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
1,453 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Yankees in the Play Offs

The Yankees have 13 games left in the regular season. They are currently in second place in their division, behind the Boston Red Sox. It would be very hard for them to overtake the Red Sox at this point in the season, but they could get into the playoffs as the "wild card" team. They are currently at the top of the list of teams trying for the wild card spot. If you check these standings every day,

sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings…

you will be able to follow the Yankees' journey as they strive to make the playoffs. If they do make it in, tickets will be, as others have suggested, very expensive. I would second the idea of searching for a great bar to watch the game...

8. Re: Yankees in the Play Offs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 05:25