We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GoTech and Joan76

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,593 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
GoTech and Joan76

I am really happy that both of you got good deals on 4* hotels, on hotwire - the Westin and priceline - the Sofitel, respectively.

Both of you are coming this week, though arriving on different days.

May I ask a favor?

Since you were both new to "opaque" purchasing, your input and comments on your experiences, when you return back, would be very helpful to others. Especially those who are thinking about priceline and hotwire but are afraid.

So when you come back would you please post about your satisfaction level with your hotels???

Thanks! And happy trails!!!

Voy

scotland
Level Contributor
973 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: GoTech and Joan76

of course , and i like the term " opaque " descibes it well , not long untill your trip also . thanks for all the help

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: GoTech and Joan76

yes. absolutely! I intend to do a full trip report!

By the way, I did call the Westin, and they have us booked in a traditional KING room (see, I worried about the beds for nothing!)

I am so relieved and excited...but when I clicked that button to pay, you know I was nervous!

Albany, New York
Destination Expert
for Albany
Level Contributor
2,314 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: GoTech and Joan76

As a big fan of opaque purchasing I would be interested in your thoughts as well.

Have fun.

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,593 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: GoTech and Joan76

GoTech,

Yep, I knew you were a nervous Nellie and that's okay. Thats why your experience will be helpful to share with others.

Make sure you both bring your confirmation receipts with you to check in (the one you printed off the computer) just in case.... and also, you need the same credit card used to book the room.

Both the Westin and Sofitel are first rate hotels. I expect you both to have a blast!

scotland
Level Contributor
973 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: GoTech and Joan76

well we rrived last night , got a room on the 18th floor with 2 beds ( i did call and ask for 2 beds if possible because i am here with my son ) hotels great , treated the same as other guests as i read on ta some people who booked with priceline felt they got inferior service can ' t say that is the case here at all . overall although i was so nervous of using priceline i can honestly saying i would use it again as i saved lots !!! well i am off to eat , think we will try little italy , we are tourists after all !!!!! thanks all for holding my hand while bidding !!!!

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: GoTech and Joan76

I missed this post. I am glad for you both . Have a great time!

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,593 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: GoTech and Joan76

That's great Joan76! The Sofitel is one of the top hotels in New York because of its service, and they are doing right by you that's for sure!

8. Re: GoTech and Joan76

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 11:20