We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ViceVersa or 21 Club for pre-theatre anniversary dinner

Northern Kentucky
7 posts
Save Topic
ViceVersa or 21 Club for pre-theatre anniversary dinner

We will be in NYC for 7 days in October for our 15th wedding anniversary. We will be seeing Wicked on our actual anniversary so would like to go someplace nice for dinner before the show.

I think I've narrowed it down to ViceVersa or 21 Club. There is definately a price difference on their pre-fixe dinners.

We are 30 somethings and don't mind a more formal crowd which I know you'll find at the 21 Club....yes we are boring Republicans so that type of crowd won't bother us and we don't mind the suitcoat requirement...lol but we don't mind something a little trendier too. It seems that ViceVersa is better priced but will it feel like an anniversary dinner or would 21 be more appropriate? We don't want to spend a ton as in $150+ per person so that's why we've eliminated some of the more "pricey" places...I'd rather save the money for shopping. ;o) and we do want to stay near the theatre. Thanks for any suggestions/feedback...

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
7,542 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ViceVersa or 21 Club for pre-theatre anniversary dinner

Definitely the 21 Club if you want more of a special occasion mood.

ViceVersa is a casual, regular sort of place.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,552 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ViceVersa or 21 Club for pre-theatre anniversary dinner

I always think a "special" dinner before the theater is something of a waste as you're in a rush and maybe even overkill. I personally would go to ViceVersa or elsewhere for less money and either go to a really nice restaurant on another night when it's the "central" event, or save the money you'd spend and get a nice gift as a remembrance of the trip. ;)

Fort Worth, TX
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: ViceVersa or 21 Club for pre-theatre anniversary dinner

nywhiz, glad to see your response, it is reassuring to me as my husband and I had written down Vice Versa as a place for us to go pre-theater too! (that or Sardi's)

thanks! gotech

4. Re: ViceVersa or 21 Club for pre-theatre anniversary dinner

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 16:18