We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Fitty" Cent, Wave Hill, City Island and Amy Ruth's...

New York, NY
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
"Fitty" Cent, Wave Hill, City Island and Amy Ruth's...

Me, Betty, Steve & Louise arranged to get together today so I suggested Wave Hill, It is all the way up in the Bronx so off we went in my car.

We are proceeding up the West Side Highway and we see this Rolls next to us, with the top down. AFter some very funny comments from the crew I jokingly say I bet it's fitty cent, and sure enough, it was. I was honking and calling out to get his attention but he had the music on very loud, and no, it was not Kanye West on the radio, and he looks our way and gives us a big smile.

You should have seen his bling, wow. So, of course, that was our excitement for the day and we had a lot of fun goofing on this event.

So we proceed to Wave Hill,after getting a bit lost (I really need to buy a GPS), and if you have not been there, it is really beautiful, 28 acres, very peaceful with great vistas. They have various art exhibits, concerts, a very nice cafe and gift shop, and lots of activities for kids. The area is also very pretty, lots of beautiful old house.

We spent some time there and headed to City Island. Now, it has been a while since I have been there and we just drove the main street, really not much to see so we decided against eating there and headed to Amy Ruth's in Harlem. After a short wait we were seated upstairs and had a very nice meal. There really is no decor to speak of, but the food was very good, a bit less touristy than Sylvia's, and the prices are very reasonable.

I headed back downtown, dropping off the crew at their respective destinations, and returned home after another glorious day in NYC.

By the way Louise looks fab!!!!

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: "Fitty" Cent, Wave Hill, City Island and Amy Ruth's...

Hey, I thought you said he WAS playing Kanye West! Then who was it?

It was a lovely day, thanks again to a fun group, but mostly to New York's best guide!

I have no idea how I'm going to manage to eat dinner though. That was an enormous lunch!

Fitty Cent! Fitty Cent! Fitty Cent!

(Like I would have had any idea who that was!)

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Fitty" Cent, Wave Hill, City Island and Amy Ruth's...

Sounds like a fun day ! I could picture Steve after meeting him , yesterday "his " reaction to Fitty cent and the Bling Bling ! Steve is very funny and entertaining. Louise is also very nice as well. I hear that Bettina is not so bad either. I would not mind taking a ride with you in the car , you meet some interesting people along the way.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
7,542 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Fitty" Cent, Wave Hill, City Island and Amy Ruth's...

Welcome to uptown! I'm glad you guys had fun.

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,152 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "Fitty" Cent, Wave Hill, City Island and Amy Ruth's...

Sounds like a fun day. I've always wondered about City Island. That makes 2 positive reviews in this forum for Amy Ruth's. If I recall correctly from SammyB's trip report, she said Amy Ruth's was her favorite of all the restaurants she tried.

Durham
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "Fitty" Cent, Wave Hill, City Island and Amy Ruth's...

'party like it's your birthday' - goodness knows what fiddy thought 2 jewish women and a couple of english guys waving and grinning like idiots at him!!

Had such a great day out, thanks again Terry :)

oh and you mis-spelt that last word in your post - it ends in a t not b ;)

New York, NY
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "Fitty" Cent, Wave Hill, City Island and Amy Ruth's...

Ha, not quite, you do look radiant!!!!!

And I want you to party like its your anniversary!!!!

Sunderland, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunderland
Level Contributor
6,815 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "Fitty" Cent, Wave Hill, City Island and Amy Ruth's...

I had a laugh when Lou sent me the text yesterday--there's me up to my eyes in Sunday lunch and there's you lot hob nobbing with the stars ( whoever he is--I wouldn't know him or Kanye West). You do make the best guide T, and I can imagine how much fun you all had.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Port Antonio
Level Contributor
979 posts
124 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "Fitty" Cent, Wave Hill, City Island and Amy Ruth's...

Amy Ruth............did someone say Amy Ruth.........ohhh I can just taste that food right now.......YUM!

NYCgirl glad you enjoyed Amy Ruth ....how exciting to see 50cent as well........sounds like a perfect day!!!