We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is there more

uk
Level Contributor
1,262 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
is there more

than shops,what else is there to do,iid love to go NYC.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,910 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: is there more

Are you kidding buddy?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k1461580…

New York, NY
Level Contributor
9,648 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: is there more

Really, ARE you kidding?

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
5,792 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: is there more

Phil ..... one of the great things about New York City is that you can always find something cool to do ..... it's not all just shopping you know. So let's see if we can find some stuff for you to do ..... here's some suggestions.

1.) Bring all your dirty laundry with you from the UK (along with your favorite detergents) ..... then head over to launromat on 15th Street and do a couple of loads of laundry. You know in my spare time I also sometimes like to just sit and watch the all the water and suds spinning around in the wachining machines ..... I pretend I'm watching a tsunami on TV .

2.) Home Depot ..... you know there's one on Woodhaven Boulevard in Queens that's open 24/7 for all your late night hardware needs. Oh ..... but that sounds an awful lot like more shopping ..... so never mind.

3.) You could take a kitchen spatular and scrap all the gum off the NYC sidewalks. That would be really civic minded ..... and just think of the different kinds of free chewing gum you could take back with you to the UK.

4.) How about making an appointment with a dentist while you're in town ? I know I always enjoy going to see my dentist ..... he gives me lollipops ..... but I think that's just his investment in future dental work.

5.) Catch up on some reading ..... I hear OJ Simpson's has a new book out that I'm dying to read. If I read books ..... this is the book I would read ..... that is if I read books ..... which I don't ..... but I could ..... and if I did ..... this would be the book to read. I'm also currently looking for the person that did read the book.

6.) You could head up to the Bronx (you know I hear on the forum that it's totally safe) and challenge all the guys on Longwood Avenue in the South Bronx to a game of stickball. Then you could pretend you're one of the Yankees as you run for your life around all the bases.

7.) How about you hop on the number train to head out to Flushing and while you're on the train start a debate with all the other nice people on board ? But what's a good topic to debate ..... hmmmm ..... how about the US immigration policy.

8.) You could grab a mitt and try out for the NY Mets next season ..... you know I'm guessing there might be just a few changes to the team next year. Can you hit a curve ball ..... let's just wait and see.

9.) Here's another idea ..... you could stand on the corner of 42nd Street right in the middle of Times Square ..... and ask all the people streaming by ..... "Where are you going ? Can I go with you ?" ..... you migh get a lot of fun suggstions about 'where you can go' from some of those folks ..... it's just a thought.

10.) Tipping ..... tipping ..... tipping !!!!

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: is there more

Lotus - #8: Please don't mock me. It is too painful. :o(

Australia
Level Contributor
548 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: is there more

LP...your post was supremo, as per usual!!

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: is there more

all excellent ideas!!!! :-)

Brazil
Destination Expert
for Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
7,937 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: is there more

hehehe

try some of these during my visit...seven days will bore me to death!!!

thanks.. :)))

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: is there more

Sorry for this:

How about those Mets?

Gives choke a new meaning, eh?

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: is there more

Phil - seriously - get a guidebook and read what NYC is all about - and let me add my own question - are you really serious??

Poppa

10. Re: is there more

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 September 2009, 19:22