We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to watch Rugby World Cup

Woking, United...
7 posts
Save Topic
Places to watch Rugby World Cup

Hello!

I'm travelling to NYC with my boyfriend in a few days, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a bar or pub where we could watch the England v France rugby game on Saturday.

I didn't think that I would have this query as I never though that England would beat the Aussies to get to the semi-final!

Many thanks in advance.

Anna_Bee

Mentioned in this post
Philadelphia
1 post
Save Reply
21. Re: Places to watch Rugby World Cup

Does anyone know if any of these places will allow an under-21 to watch (with a parent)? I want to watch with my 5-year-old (and I will be alone with him, so if he can't watch, I can't watch); my guess is that most places won't let him in.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
250 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: Places to watch Rugby World Cup

I'm pretty sure you can bring the 5 yr old. Most of these bars are also restaurants and I've seen parents bringing their kids in for the premiership matches & brunch in the past. But do yourself a favor and phone ahead to be sure. Also, be wary of large rowdy crowds for a semifinal..

New York, NY
1 post
Save Reply
23. Re: Places to watch Rugby World Cup

Opia at 57th and Lexington...for no charge...Google them and get their number just to make sure....

Cheers and Allez les Bleus!

Mentioned in this post
The Lexington Hotel, Autograph Collection
The Lexington Hotel...
4,106 Reviews
New York City, NY
London, England
1 post
Save Reply
24. Re: Places to watch Rugby World Cup

I am also travelling to NYC next week and want to watch the Rugby World Cup Final on Saturday 20th October with my son, who is 14. Does anyone know if these bars will allow him in with me?

Mentioned in this post
England
Level Contributor
39 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: Places to watch Rugby World Cup

We arrive in NYC on Thursday - I e-mailed one of the bars showing the game to ask if our 15 year old son would be allowed in. It's fine for them to be at a table but they're not allowed to be at the bar.

Looks like there's an invasion of Brits next weekend - hope we'll all fit into the places showing the rugby!!

Mentioned in this post
London, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: Places to watch Rugby World Cup

What a fantastic result, now I really have to fine somewhere to watch that close to my hotel The Salisbury as we arrive JFK at midday - so not much time to get thru customs etc, get to hotel then get to bar showing the final - all assistance will be gratefully received - HELP!

Mentioned in this post
Salisbury Hotel
Salisbury Hotel
4,049 Reviews
New York City, NY
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
250 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
27. Re: Places to watch Rugby World Cup

UKFlaxy - the Old Castle Pub is probably the closest to your hotel - the bar is at 160 W. 54th.

For more options, use this link

http://130.94.23.190/navenuefinder.html

click on Rugby, then use the area code "10019" which is hte Salisbury's area code..

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
958 posts
267 reviews
Save Reply
28. Re: Places to watch Rugby World Cup

Good luck! We missed the England v. France game on Saturday because both bars we tried (Irish Rogue and McCormacks) were so over-crowded we could not get in! Darn ... we missed the game! Even though we got to IR 45 minutes before the game and then spent a bundle on cab fare to get to the other but were too late!

London, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
29. Re: Places to watch Rugby World Cup

Thanks msnnyc great link, do you know if I would be able to phone and book a table somewhere? then if we are a little late we will still be able to get in, there will be six of us? What do you think.?

Leicester, Uk
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
30. Re: Places to watch Rugby World Cup

We are staying at the Barklay Time Square, Any chance you can advise a bar close by? Ther is a bet riding on this one. Also probably the only chance my daughter will get to shop in peace!

Mentioned in this post
Time Square Apartments
Time Square Apartments
27 Reviews
New York City, NY