We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place for breakfast near the Sofitel,44th Street

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
420 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Best place for breakfast near the Sofitel,44th Street

Arriving on friday for 3 nights, looking for recommendations for a typical american diner for breakfast. Thanks

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,215 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best place for breakfast near the Sofitel,44th Street

I'm not sure about the typical American breakfast - I get excited by the thought of eating IN the Sofitel for breakfast. They have the best croissants - especially the one with the apricot - this side of Paris!

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
726 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best place for breakfast near the Sofitel,44th Street

The Sofitel does a lovely room service continental breakfast, just FYI, but for a typical American diner breakfast, go a few doors to the west of the Sofitel to the Red Flame diner. Very, very nice people there.

County Clare...
Destination Expert
for County Clare, Aran Islands, Bunratty, The Burren
Level Contributor
8,373 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best place for breakfast near the Sofitel,44th Street

In the days when I allowed myself to eat at a diner - the Brooklyn diner was the place.

However, a wide scope of healthier options at the EuroPan beside the the Westin hotel.

Hope that this helps.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
154 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best place for breakfast near the Sofitel,44th Street

Another vote for the Red Flame Diner. I stayed at the Sofitel last year and hope to stay there again next month. Can't go wrong with Red Flame. Large choice of food and never ending coffee!!

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best place for breakfast near the Sofitel,44th Street

Yet another vote for the Red Flame diner! It was everything I was looking for in a 'typical NY diner'.

You'll get a whole load of food for not much $$$. The food was great and the service was quick and friendly. We saw a lot of NYers grabbing breakfast while we were there.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
420 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best place for breakfast near the Sofitel,44th Street

Thanks for all your help, Red Flame Diner it is then.

Leaving at 6am Friday and haven't got a thing packed! Must go now......

Manchester
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best place for breakfast near the Sofitel,44th Street

def the red flame! As an indication as to how good it is, I booked my husband a suprise trip in march and have now sprung another trip in january (purely selfish reasons - I miss NYC!) and the main thing husband is looking forward to is getting back his red flame omlette!

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
54 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best place for breakfast near the Sofitel,44th Street

I stayed at the Sofitel last year and ate at the Red Flame Diner every morning, we are back to the Sofitel again on October 16th and I will surely be having my breakfast there again...can't wait!

9. Re: Best place for breakfast near the Sofitel,44th Street

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 19:20