We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYC Show Thanksgiving Weekend

MA Woods
Level Contributor
128 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
NYC Show Thanksgiving Weekend

I will be in NYC with my sister and her young children (ages 8, 9, 11 and 13).

Could anyone recommend a show? Not Blue Man, as my son and I have seen the Tubes show 3 times.

Thanks!

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
136 reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,111 reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
994 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,385 reviews
from US$36.00*
Birmingham, Alabama
Destination Expert
for Birmingham, Alabama
Level Contributor
1,870 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYC Show Thanksgiving Weekend

Highly recommend How the Grinch Stole Christmas for the kids. Saw it last year - very fun and entertaining.

Ocala, Florida
Level Contributor
238 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: NYC Show Thanksgiving Weekend

We've booked the Radio City Hall Christmas Spectular. Heard it's gread for all ages, male and female.

Think they may be having a special on tix right now

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
638 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: NYC Show Thanksgiving Weekend

Grinch, Christmas Spectacular, any of the disney shows (poppins, lion king, lil mermaid) are all good choices. My top pick would be Mary Poppins.

Unlikely to find many discounts for that weekend though...but broadwaybox.com may have one. It can't hurt to check.

MA Woods
Level Contributor
128 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NYC Show Thanksgiving Weekend

Thanks to everyone,

We've been to the Radio City Christmas Spectacular and Blue Man Group. We loved Blue Man Group and thought that the Rockettes show was a yawner.

These kids are pretty sophisicated. Perhaps I erred in my post. I would like to take them to a show; not baby stuff and certainly not rated X.

Thanks again for all the help!

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,122 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NYC Show Thanksgiving Weekend

How about Stomp!? Are you familiar with this one? They have been touring, and in some big venues. But the NYC show is at the Orpheum Theater on 2nd Ave. in the East Village. This is not Broadway theater, but intensely entertaining and creative fun with rhythm and movement, with an emphasis on junk and other everyday objects. The kids will love it. The walls are decorated with garbage can lids, and all sorts of percussive stuff. They do rhythm and dance routines with push brooms, match books, sinks filled with water, and all sizes and shapes of barrels, buckets, containers, etc. If you liked Blue Man, you'll love Stomp.

I took my son when he was 8 years old, and he loved it so much he wanted to bring the rest of the family, which we did on a later trip to NYC. He would still be happy to see it again at the drop of a hat.

By the way, other than egetting on line for same day tix at TKTS, which I don't recommend, I doubt that there will be any discounts for Thanksgiving week. Expect to pay regular price, and buy tix in advance, or you may find that some of your choices have sold out. Foget about Lion King. It is sold out several months ahead. Likewsie any of the new shows.

How about The Producers, Monty Python's Holy Grail, Hairspray?

6. Re: NYC Show Thanksgiving Weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 02:17