We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant in Times Square

St. Petersburg, FL
Level Contributor
220 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant in Times Square

I fly in with my 16 yr old nephew on Thursday the 13th at 9:10 pm in Newark. We will be cabbing it to Times Square where our hotel is.

Can anyone suggest a cool place to eat (open to any type) in the area. It will be late and we will probably be staying close to TQ that evening and bedding early so we can wake up early on Friday.

Any suggestions? I don't remember ever eating in that area.

TIA

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
1,257 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant in Times Square

If your nephew is a sports fan, then I would suggest the ESPN sports restaurant on Times Square. I loved the atmosphere when there and the food was pretty good too

St. Petersburg, FL
Level Contributor
220 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant in Times Square

Not into sports so much or something this huge persay. Anything else? Cool spots in the walking area from Crowne Plaza? I am making reservations for Tao which is my fave for Sat night so something cool like that if possible. I know Times Square is more chainy tho.

Level Contributor
623 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant in Times Square

Walk over to 9th Avenue - a favourite of mine id Pietrasantra on the corner of 47th and 9th - also Rachel's American Bistro just down about 10 blocks on 9th.

Both serve a complete menu, something for everyone and to me are quintessial local neighbourhood NYC restaurants.......

St. Petersburg, FL
Level Contributor
220 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant in Times Square

Sweet! I am writing those down. That is more my style.

Thanks to all..

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
5,032 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant in Times Square

Rachel's is good. There is a decent Indonesian place on 9th as well, maybe around 45th or 46th. Indonesian is sort of like Thai.

I agree in general not to eat in Times Square, a lot of chains you can get in Florida, and 9th Ave has plenty of places.

www.menupages.com Click on west 40s on the left.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,274 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant in Times Square

Bali Nusa Indah - you have to head to 9th Ave...

There is nothing "cool" in Times Square!

7. Re: Restaurant in Times Square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 23:20