We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

11% Discount in Macy's

Ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
11% Discount in Macy's

Hi,

Just wondering if the extra 11% discount for out-of-towners applies to everything in the store? Want to stock up on MAC and Benefit make-up as so much cheaper than at home and wondered if I get the extra discount as well?

Also, I know there's a pre-Thanksgiving sale which starts on 21st but are there any other sales or discounts before this date?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Durham
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 11% Discount in Macy's

It's not available on Cosmetics, Electricals and 'consessions' (not sure what they are but I've never had a problem buying any clothes or bags).

Ireland
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 11% Discount in Macy's

Thanks a mill. Still cheaper than at home anyway so happy days :-)

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
2,661 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 11% Discount in Macy's

Hi Shelley, I used to work at Macy's and have to say it is not what it used to be. Now that it is chain it has changed dramatically! But do enjoy the sales!

England
Level Contributor
127 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 11% Discount in Macy's

I agree the concession bit is confusing - some of the instore 'departments' or brand shops are concessions and will not give the 11% - still worth having in your pocket just in case I reckon

Norway, Michigan
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 11% Discount in Macy's

Two years ago it took forever to get the 11%, though...

JIBNY
Level Contributor
67 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 11% Discount in Macy's

Check out a newspaper when you get here. Macy's tends to publish coupons for sales Tues/Wed or Fri/Sat that are 15% (most of the time they only apply to sale merchandise but occasionally they'll work on everything, excluding depts mentioned above)

Cambridge UK
Level Contributor
80 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 11% Discount in Macy's

We got the 11% card from our hotel concierge at the Affinia Manhattan. It is well worth having in my opinion.

8. Re: 11% Discount in Macy's

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 21:20