We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYers and NYE visitors, where are you going on the Big Night

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
921 posts
1 review
Save Topic
NYers and NYE visitors, where are you going on the Big Night

I have seen frantic messages regarding Times Square Places being searched and booked. Hope you all have decided!

I was just wondering. with a bit more than a month to go, what are your plans for Dec 31?

We have landed VIP tickets to two clubs (Thanks to our relative in the Club PR biz). In which order I am not sure, but we have seats at VIP tables at Marquee and at The Underbar @ The W Union Square. Both sound very festive and are with groups of fab people we have yet to meet!

Although I am usually working the night somewhere and SO is constantly on call due to time change, this night will be our first official NYC NYE party and I am really looking forward to the madness!!

So, where are you all going and what are you doing? I hear the VIP lists are almost totally full, so it those are your plans, get busy!!!

Harwich, United...
Level Contributor
401 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: NYers and NYE visitors, where are you going on the Big Night

We are going to the party @ the Heartlands Brewery Chophouse.

We have got General Entry tickets for $115, don't really need VIP lol! Price includes entertainment, drinks and food!

really happy with the price we paid and our choice as a whole... don't see the sense in being in a 'club' club when I could do that in the UK.. hoping Heartland will have that special NY NYE atmosphere!

Seaham, United...
Level Contributor
563 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: NYers and NYE visitors, where are you going on the Big Night

Were doing TGI fridays, i finally booked last week! $275pp so not cheap but hopefully worth it for the whole 'times square experience' Cant wait!

Have a good one!!!!!!

Amanda

Sunderland, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunderland
Level Contributor
6,809 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NYers and NYE visitors, where are you going on the Big Night

We're going for a meal on the UWS and then wandering into the park ( past our apartment to collect a botle of bubbly) for the fireworks at midnight. This time my mother will be with us on her frst visit to NY so it'll be even more special .

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,563 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NYers and NYE visitors, where are you going on the Big Night

I know none of you care but we'll be in OLD York. Following a fabulous meal we'll be taking a bottle of bubbly to ring in the New Year in the shadow of the Minster.

Sunderland, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunderland
Level Contributor
6,809 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NYers and NYE visitors, where are you going on the Big Night

Who says we don't care? I care, I care deeply. I care deeply that my champagne will be nicely chilled for when midnight comes ;-)

Harwich, United...
Level Contributor
401 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: NYers and NYE visitors, where are you going on the Big Night

even better when its a double new year celebration!!! I'll have a sip of champagne at 7pm with my friends still in the uk!.... AND A BOTTLE AT MIDNIGHT NY TIME!

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
6,527 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: NYers and NYE visitors, where are you going on the Big Night

ange - but will the Archbishop of York approve? ;-)

My wife and I will continue our years-long tradition of dining out early in the neighborhood and then hurrying home to the comfort of our apartment where we will throw a couple of logs into the fireplace, drink a toast to good traveling in the new year, and be safely sheltered from the maddening crowds. We will promise each other

to watch the festivities on TV ,but, as surely as 2008 will finally be the end of the Bush era, will fall asleep around 11:00 PM ;-)

This has been another installment in the continuing series "Exciting Lives Of the Not So Rich or Famous New Yorkers"

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,563 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NYers and NYE visitors, where are you going on the Big Night

LTT, don't worry, I know a nice little snickleway where we should be safe from him!

Durham
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: NYers and NYE visitors, where are you going on the Big Night

bums to the lot of you - I'll be in bed....asleep.....sober as a judge - probably more sober than a judge......with the turning circle of the titanic....I hate you all.....

Sunderland, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunderland
Level Contributor
6,809 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: NYers and NYE visitors, where are you going on the Big Night

No you don't Lou--we'll make up for it in February.