We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your Favorite Walking Boot

Washington State
Level Contributor
464 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Your Favorite Walking Boot

I've seen posts about favorite walking shoes, but since I will be visiting NYC in January, chances are good I will be wearing boots. Ladies, I'm curious to know what your favorite walking boot is.

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
137 reviews
from US$175.00*
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,115 reviews
from US$199.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
999 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,388 reviews
from US$36.00*
Queens, New York
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Your Favorite Walking Boot

I like the Sketches Boots, I think they are comfortable. There are plenty of styles to choose from, and not extremely expensive.

Durham
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Your Favorite Walking Boot

I've just brought a pair of sketchers and have to say they are really comfy. Other than that when I've gone to NY I've always taken with me a good walking boot, no particular brand as long as it's comfortable, supportive and cushioned :)

Bremerton...
Level Contributor
333 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Your Favorite Walking Boot

I also like the skechers boots. They are fun to look at, roomy and warm. Of course, I've never worn them in NYC, just South Texas, so I will find out in a few weeks just how warm they are!

Washington State
Level Contributor
464 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Your Favorite Walking Boot

I love Skecher shoes, but I don't recall seeing Skecher boots in the stores here. I'm going to check that out right now!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,286 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Your Favorite Walking Boot

Do you mean a hiking type boot, or what I call a fem-boot? The only comfortable feminine boots I have are about 5 years old from Sacco. Have been meaning to try ones at Geox. For hiking boot looking things, Merrels. For snow, I have an old pair of Cougars, but am tempted by the Sorels...

I clearly have a problem with shoes!

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,160 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Your Favorite Walking Boot

Good term evening! I have a "fem-boot" from LL Bean called "wildcat". It's waterproof, insulated and comfortable for walking. On top of that, I have a wide foot and found that their medium width was plenty roomy.

Coral Springs FL
Level Contributor
741 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Your Favorite Walking Boot

I was going to buy some before I leave, but since the subject came up and I am going to be coming with no luggage, where should I go to buy such an animal for a reasonable price...I hate shopping and I am staying midtown and higher this trip.

Thanks!

Lisa

Brazil
Destination Expert
for Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
7,973 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Your Favorite Walking Boot

Geox are great!

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
6,176 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Your Favorite Walking Boot

Skechers There is a store locater for Manhattan on their site. Harry's they have them in DSW possible. www.skechers.com

Other stores for boots

Harry's

David z

Macy's

Bloomingdales

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,286 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Your Favorite Walking Boot

SueFee-

I'm going to have to look for that boot! I was brought up on LL Bean, but have a pair of their Gortex hiking boots in my closet, with the other uncomfortable shoes I never wear!

There are at least 2 Geox stores.... One on Madison just south of 57th and the other by Union Square - on Broadway at 16th. Ever since discovering these shoes in Spain, they're all I wear to work in the fall/winter. Every day.... I wore them for 8+ hours a day in Paris every day for 10 days, and feet never hurt (there were holes in the bottom after Versailles!). I've worn through 3 pairs of the same shoe!

Also, DSW carries a lot of Sketchers. There's a store called DavidZ all over that has Merrels, Ecco, etc.

I just bought the most uncomfortable shoes ever - and they're Mephisto. So much for the rep! Since they wont let me return them, I'm doing my best to get the word out!