We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How about Chamber Magic?

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,598 posts
81 reviews
Save Topic
How about Chamber Magic?

I just got an e-mail from Chamber Magic... Which reminded me that it really is a terrific show, and I highly recommend it to visitors and locals alike (Bettina, Whizzie...Have you gone yet??)

In a nutshell, it is up close magic with magician Steve Cohen. Highly entertaining and good for adults as well as well behaved children. I went with my husband and two older teens...all loved it.

It plays at a suite at the Waldorf, and that in and of itself is a treat.

Anyway, here are the contents of my e-mail, edited...

"Chamber Magic Gift Certificates now available. If you've attended Chamber Magic at the Waldorf=Astoria, you know how invigorating and fun Steve Cohen's show is.

As you are shopping during the upcoming holiday season, please consider purchasing Chamber Magic gift certificates for your loved ones, so you can share this extraordinary event with them.

Gift certificates allow your recipients to pick their own dates to attend the show. When buying a gift certificate, you will be given the option to print the gift certificate and deliver it to the recipient yourself, or to have the gift certificate automatically emailed to the recipient.

To purchase a Chamber Magic gift certificate, go to www.zerve.com/SteveCohen/GiftCertificates.

'I've never seen anything like this before. Ever. You've got to go.' -Joan Hamburg, WOR Radio"

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How about Chamber Magic?

I have seen a post about MondayNightMagic.com here...I would be interested in knowing which show is better, as I'd love to take my son to one of them when we visit. He likes watching Criss Angel...

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,598 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How about Chamber Magic?

I can only vouch for Chamber Magic as I haven't been to the other. I like Criss Angel also. But whereas Criss is like a rock star type, Steve Cohen is a bit older... like Harry Potter all grown up.

Steve is every bit as good as David Blaine's up close street magic (not Blaine's stupid hiding in ice illusions). In Steve's show there is a limited audience and a lot of active participation. You feel like a part of the routine...and most times you are!

They do ask attendees to dress nicely because it is in a historical suite and it adds to the ambiance. That's not a big deal to me and wasn't for anyone I saw there...but some may not care for it.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
882 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How about Chamber Magic?

Voy: Thanks for your reply. One part made me laugh: "Steve Cohen is a bit older... like Harry Potter all grown up." That's kinda sad...Harry Potter should have never grown up! Then he'd still be around!

My son loves Harry (he read all the books over constantly, except the last one, only read it once. I love David Blaine's Steet Magic!

I like Criss Angel too, but not like David Blaine...maybe we should see both shows!

4. Re: How about Chamber Magic?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 03:20