We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best breakfast in Midtown Manhattan? (restaurant, street...

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,399 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Best breakfast in Midtown Manhattan? (restaurant, street...

I love the great advice and information I'm finding on this forum! I leave a month from today, and would love to hear about a good place for a tasty breakfast when I leave my hotel in the morning (W 51st & 6th Ave). Doesn't matter if it's sit-down, a bagel and lox in a bag, or something from a street vendor...just so long as it's good and will hold me over for all the power shopping I plan to do! :-) Thanks again!

Tennessee
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best breakfast in Midtown Manhattan? (restaurant, street...

Georgio's 53rd at 9th Avenue. Enter Georgio's as a topic on this forum and believe every great word you read. YUM!

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2,559 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best breakfast in Midtown Manhattan? (restaurant, street...

Was going to recommend Georgio's too.

Had one of the best omelettes ever there.

Exellent fresh orange juice too.

Not a bad place for dinner neither, good decent food at a reasonable price.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best breakfast in Midtown Manhattan? (restaurant, street...

Are you sure about that address? There's no W on 51st & 6th.

You'll see carts all over the place with coffee, donuts, danish, croissants, etc.

Ohio
Level Contributor
1,399 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best breakfast in Midtown Manhattan? (restaurant, street...

I'm staying at the Michelangelo, which I thought was described at W. 51st between 6th & 7th...is this not correct? I need to know what to tell my cab driver, LOL!

New York, NY
Level Contributor
2,569 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Best breakfast in Midtown Manhattan? (restaurant, street...

hmm... everything east of Fifth Avenue is East and everything west of Fifth Avenue is West, so I think Plumeria's cabbie will get there okay.

Tennessee
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Best breakfast in Midtown Manhattan? (restaurant, street...

Youll love the Michelangelo which is really on the corner of 7th--152 W. 51st Street--and you should not miss having a meal at some time at Georgio's (which is a very easy walk from your hotel) BUT--please realize the Michelangelo has complementary breakfast in a part of their beautiful lobby area every morning--coffee, tea, fresh fruit, croissants, buns, muffins, etc. (from 7-9 am) If a quick bite is what you crave, it'll get you out the door and on to the stores! As info, Michelangelo also has complementary car service to lower Manhattan very early every morning M-F for their quests to help the primarily business travellers.

New York City NY
Level Contributor
359 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best breakfast in Midtown Manhattan? (restaurant, street...

Try Pick a Bagel. If I recall correctly it is on 56th and 7th. Very good.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best breakfast in Midtown Manhattan? (restaurant, street...

Sorry, I misread your post... I saw it as "W" hotel on 51st & 6th, but you really meant "West 51st & 6th. (It's easy to confuse me!)

Yes, the Michelangelo is between 6th-7th Aves., actually it's on the corner of 7th Ave., and the entrance is on the 51st St. side.

When you leave your hotel in the morning, you have a big selection of quick breakfasts. There's a Starbuck's on 7th Ave. between 49th-50th, there's the Majestic Deli on the corner of 50th & 7th, and Pax Deli on the corner of 49th & 7th. There are a couple of places on 50th St. between 6th-7th -- I go all the time to Pranzo, which has a great salad bar too. Then there's a Pret a Manger and another big place, Bocca.

When you get your take-out, there's a very nice little park with tables and chairs, on 50th St. between 6th-7th Aves. It's a pleasant spot to enjoy your take-out.

Oh, you'll see food carts on all the streets, too.

manchester england
Level Contributor
692 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best breakfast in Midtown Manhattan? (restaurant, street...

when we went we went with the flow one thing i hate is looking for places so everytme we headed out for the day if a place looked nice on the way we went in as we dod not know till we got in what we fancies that much choice

but you shoudl know coming form usa

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,150 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best breakfast in Midtown Manhattan? (restaurant, street...

If you dont' mind a walk, head east on 51st to 3rd Ave and go to Ess-a-Bagel. Twice on my last trip I had a bagel with cream cheese and lox---delicious! Great way to start the day! If you don't like lox, they have a huge selection of toppings!