We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

roosevelt field shopping mall.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
roosevelt field shopping mall.

hi does anyone have a web address for this shopping mall. Someone recommended it to me and i would like to check it out on line first before i visit. Also what is the nearest international airport and is the transport between the two good. Sorry if these are very basic queries but i am not familiar with the area.

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
5,555 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: roosevelt field shopping mall.

You know about google right?

www.roosevelt-field-ny.com

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,553 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: roosevelt field shopping mall.

There is absolutely nothing special about this shopping mall vs. any other. It's not far from JFK airport. The only public transportation would be to take the AirTrain to Jamaica and from there the Long Island Railroad to... maybe Westbury train station but once you're in Westbury, you really need a car to get around. This is a suburban area where everyone drives. What were you told that made it so appealing?

NYC, NY
Level Contributor
882 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: roosevelt field shopping mall.

NYWhiz is absolutely right. There is absolutely nothing at Roosevelt Field that you can't find in NYC, except a really packed food mall serving non-descript food. And, its a trek to get there. If you want "outlet" shopping then head to Woodbury Common (though depending on when you visit NYC that trip too may not be worth the effort). Have fun.

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
34,830 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: roosevelt field shopping mall.

What Roosevelt Field Does have is loads and loads of stores where everyday Americans shop. It is quite a distance from Manhattan. However, it is very large and unlike Woodbury Commons is NOT an outlet of name brands but a variety of stores. ( and it is INDOORS!!) You can take a subway to Jamaica ( or the Airtrain from the airport ) and then transfer to the N15 bus to the Mall. I have no idea how long it would take. Easier to get to ( but with not as many stores) is the Queens Mall in Queens. BTW there is less tax on clothing in Queens.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,553 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: roosevelt field shopping mall.

There are a number of other malls around the United States (or the metro NY area) that have the same/similar stores. I'm really curious whether you're seriously thinking of flying here JUST to go to the mall? That would be the only reason you'd be asking for transportation from an international airport directly to the mall. There happen to be a number of chain hotel/motels near Roosevelt Field, but you still NEED A CAR to get around that area.

If you want to visit NYC, but want to shop in an enclosed mall with good stores, you'd be far better going to New Jersey where there is no sales tax on clothing. For example, the Mall at Short Hills has more dept. stores and more specialty stores than Roosevelt Field.

http://www.shopshorthills.com/

If I were coming over just to shop at a mall, that's probably the one I'd pick and they have a Hilton hotel directly across the street from the mall.

shopshorthills.com/infodesk/visitors/54.html

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
421 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: roosevelt field shopping mall.

hi,

thanks for all your replies. I do know about google but was not so sure if i had the name of the mall or the location correct. Judging by the replies i think i would not be interested in visiting the place. I am a regular visitor to new york (both for business and pleasure) and if i have a day or two free i like to get out of manhattan and see the surrounding areas where locals shop etc., I have been to Woodbury Common and would not recommend it and also Jersey gardens.....typical mall. I love the shopping in Manhattan but sometimes in winter especially, it is nice to visit an indoor mall. Thanks again for all your replies.

7. Re: roosevelt field shopping mall.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 20:22