We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rooms with triple share...are there any?

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,598 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Rooms with triple share...are there any?

I'm going to be in NY 11-16 Sep and need room with triple share. Does anyone know of any that are reasonably priced? Prefer to stay on the UWS or within walking distance to Times Square.

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
133 reviews
from US$175.00*
Special Offer
New York City Big Apple Helicopter...
1,101 reviews
from US$199.00*
US$214.00
New York in One Day Guided...
972 reviews
from US$83.99*
Empire State Building Tickets...
2,373 reviews
from US$36.00*
New York
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Rooms with triple share...are there any?

a post similar to this got closed last week. Do not even try to ask to help you to find a means or a way to manipulate the hotel system for your tribe.

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,155 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rooms with triple share...are there any?

I asked you this once before--why is it so important to stay in the UWS? Or walking distance to Times Square? Did you investigate the Newton Hotel? How about Radio City Apartments? By triple share--do yo mean 3 people in a room? If so, most hotels do offer rooms with 2 double or queen-sized beds. We've stayed in rooms like that when our daughter was young. When booking your room, just let the reservations clerk know that 3 of you will be in the room. If the hotel has a problem with that, they will let you know.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,598 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rooms with triple share...are there any?

1. I like the UWS area and I'm familiar with the area.

2. Radio City are unavailable.

3. And by triple share, yes 3 people in a room? Why else would I want triple share?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,423 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rooms with triple share...are there any?

For the most part, the only way to get 3 in a room is a regular room with 2 double or queen beds (so 2 will have to share a bed) or a room/suite with 2 beds and a sofabed. The Courtyard Marriott East Side has 2 beds and sofabed and several of the Affinia.com hotels do too. There's a junior suite in the Vinci Avalon that has 3 beds. I don't love the hotel but it's an option.

On the UWS, the Beacon hotel has some suites that would have 2 beds and sofabed. The Milburn might too. Jacksbandb.com might be able to accomodate you or one of the other b & b's like

wymanhouse.com

countryinnthecity.com

If you want an apt., contact nyhabitat.com and see if they can help.

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rooms with triple share...are there any?

<<And by triple share, yes 3 people in a room? Why else would I want triple share?>>

Vanessa, no one knows or particularly cares why you want three people in a room. What you seem unaware of, though is that "triple share" is a meaningless phrase to many, if not most, people who would be willing to give you advice on this topic, even despite your sharp tone.

If you want a room that sleeps 3 people, you would be better off asking about "a room that sleeps 3" or "a room for 3", instead of insisiting on this odd "triple share" phrase that you seem so attached to.

Sterling, VA
Destination Expert
for Washington DC
Level Contributor
12,155 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rooms with triple share...are there any?

Thank you, GWB. Well said!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,423 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Rooms with triple share...are there any?

I looked on quikbook.com for your dates.

The Vincci Avalon near Macy's that I mentioned has that jr. suite for $365/night plus tax or a deluxe room with 2 queen beds for $395

The Park South is a decent hotel just south of midtown and they have a room with 2 doubles for $357. Within walking distance of TS, the Belvedere, a very popular budget hotel in Times Square area is $360. The Salisbury has a double double for $374. I think any of these are more central and will give you more space than the Cosmopolitan. The Salisbury is primarily a suite hotel with very large rooms and you could get upgraded if they have the room. (The price quoted is for a regular room not a suite). They have a $3 breakfast.

Hotels.com has some of these for even less (the Salisbury, the Belvedere) but I'm not as familiar with their cancelation policies and possible fees nor are they as explicit about the bed configuration so you should check those things before using them to book. Hotels.com also has a studio suite with kitchenette for $383 at the Rockefeller Center hotel which is a much nicer/newer option to these others. It would be a queen bed for 2 and then a sofabed or rollaway.

On the Upper West Side, I forgot to mention the Excelsior which is sometimes affordable and On the Avenue has some double doubles.

Bottom line, there are loads of hotels/rooms that accomodate 3 people if at least 2 are willing to share a bed.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
100,423 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Rooms with triple share...are there any?

Just read the reviews on the Rockefeller Center and the room for 3 sounds too small. I'd forget that. The review said once they brought in the roll away bed for the 3rd person there was no room to walk around. Rooms do look very small. I think there enough other options.

9. Re: Rooms with triple share...are there any?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 September 2009, 23:17