We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

why are Delta airlines sooo cheap???

SUFFOLK, U.K
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Topic
why are Delta airlines sooo cheap???

I have been looking for flights to New York in Nov 2008 and most airlines (we normally fly Virgin) are approx. £320-£350 from London to NY.

Is there any reason why Delta offer the flights from approx. £230?? - I have checked other threads which seem to suggest Delta are ok to fly with.

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: why are Delta airlines sooo cheap???

If it was me, Id book it NOW!!

I go a week tomorrow and I got continental flights for about the same price which was £200 cheaper than BA per couple. OK it may be on a 757, may be cramped but it's getting me to the same place for £200 less, which means more spends!!

Go for it!!

Truro, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: why are Delta airlines sooo cheap???

I'm having the same issue! I've just posted about it - Virgin £400, Delta £280.

I'm really tempted, but Delta do have very mixed reviews - have a look here. I've posted asking what others would do in my situation. There's 2 of us and it's a huge saving.

www.airlinequality.com/Forum/delta.htm

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: why are Delta airlines sooo cheap???

Lady, in the last 5 years I have flown long-haul Emirates about 12 times (flights) and all we have had are superb flights with excellent service! But on that site, Emirates gets bashed and it used to make my blood boil!! But then I realised that if you have a bad flight you will complain and if you don't you WON'T write about.

If all these airlines where as bad as people say they would all be out of business. Like Easyjet, bashed all the time, but they run with over 90% flights full and we use them and again they are great!!

Go with Delta, I'd pay that!

Truro, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: why are Delta airlines sooo cheap???

Thank you - I'm just scared after the way we were treated by Zoom. I saw cheap and thought - too good to be true? And you know what people say about that!

But you're right - and whenever I fly domestically it's flybe or Easyjet - and they are fine. There have been lots of times I've been delayed with both of them (1-3 hours usually), but it hasn't put me off flying them.

Thanks so much for your input - this is why I love this forum. Sensible advice!

Woodbury, New York
Level Contributor
1,816 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: why are Delta airlines sooo cheap???

Delta had return flights available for £158 (inc. taxes) today, from Manchester to JFK. (Maybe London as well, didn't look).

I guess they are trying to sell the seats!

Tennessee Ridge...
Level Contributor
43 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: why are Delta airlines sooo cheap???

I almost always fly Delta, as they are one of two major carriers from my small hometown airport. I have flown Delta from the states to the UK, France, and Greece, all without problem.

Go for the cheap Delta flight and consider it your lucky fare day :)

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
280 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: why are Delta airlines sooo cheap???

saw this post this morning and went straight on to the Delta site to see about flights in September. found flights for about £230 + tax from either Manchester or London. but the next minute, they refreshed as £330! guess you had to be real quick ;)

England
Level Contributor
228 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: why are Delta airlines sooo cheap???

I have flown with the Delta and found them to be better than BA.

My two friends last year were lucky enough to be upgraded too and said it was superb - free champers et al. They were quite tipsy when the arrived at JFK.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
255 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: why are Delta airlines sooo cheap???

the prices have now shot up!!! My sister booked yesterday for November 08 £220 flight from Manchester Direct to JFK and looking at it today it is now £320. I suppose you had to be really quick.

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: why are Delta airlines sooo cheap???

If I noticed a 'deal' like this I would have booked immediately and asked questions later!

And now, it seems it's too late, oh well.

Delta is like any other airline these days - it has its good days and bad days and as for reviews, there are those who love it, those who hate it and those who just get on the plane and fly to their destination.

So, my point is when a good deal presents itself jump on the bandwagon!

Poppa