We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus from newark airport

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
bus from newark airport

my husband i arriving in NY on sat 1 mar at noon, we have decided to get the bus into the city, we are staying at radio city apartments. where will we get off about? i have tried to find the answer to this myself but the more i read the more confused i get!

any help is much appreciated.

kerry

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: bus from newark airport

You can get a bus that lets you off at the Port Authority Bus Terminal, which is about half a mile from the hotel. You'll then need to take a cab.

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: bus from newark airport

http://www.coachusa.com/ss.airport.asp

select Newark, NJ and NYC, NY

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus from newark airport

thanks very much, we should be fine with that, seems easy enough. might sound silly but coming back do we just go back to the point we got off at and get a bus going back in the opp direction or is it a different pick up point?

Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
384 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: bus from newark airport

Not a silly question at all!

You are dropped off in front off the terminal but the pick up point is round the back.

Are there any signs to tell you this? No.

Have they removed the old bus sign? No

Fortunately a local saw us queueing with our bags and pointed us in the right direction.

On a positive note the bus service itself is very quick and at $25 pp return excellent value.

New York
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bus from newark airport

Actually,

I've taken this bus a couple of times.

The stop is on 42nd st between 8th and 9th ave's. it is about midway up the street on the north(uptown side of the street. There are signs on the street.

DFS
Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
118 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bus from newark airport

Try the following websites:

tripplanner.mta.info/

www.mta.info/metrocard/tourism/index.html

7. Re: bus from newark airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 23:16