We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
niagara falls canada
Level Contributor
360 posts
Save Topic
George Wednt in Hairspray on Broadway

Does anyone know if George Wednt is still playing in Hairspray? I read somewhere that his run with the play is over, but the official site still has him on the cast list.

We are in NYC next week...7 and 8th....if he is still with the cast, we would like to know.

thanks for any inside info that you can provide.

Brazil
Destination Expert
for Sao Paulo
Level Contributor
7,960 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: George Wednt in Hairspray on Broadway

don´t miss it if he is there...

he is just amazing!!!

Princeton, New...
Level Contributor
638 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: George Wednt in Hairspray on Broadway

He extended his run. He should be there.

niagara falls canada
Level Contributor
360 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: George Wednt in Hairspray on Broadway

thank you for letting me know. I heard he was fantastic in the role.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: George Wednt in Hairspray on Broadway

Great! I've being holding off booking for next weekend too.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
154 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: George Wednt in Hairspray on Broadway

We saw him in December and he was excellent. Hairspray was in the TCKTS booth Times Square every day that we looked.

in england
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: George Wednt in Hairspray on Broadway

I was in New York with my daughter over the New Year and we saw Hairspray. George was marvellous, indeed the whole show was brilliant.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: George Wednt in Hairspray on Broadway

bobo7 wrote: "We saw him in December and he was excellent. Hairspray was in the TCKTS booth Times Square every day that we looked."

Do you think I ought to just wait and book for the Sat night once we're there? Are the discounted seats liable to be off at the side or way at the back of the theatre?

There's no discounted tickets online for the Sat evening.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
154 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: George Wednt in Hairspray on Broadway

It depends how desperate you are to see it. We didn't know what we wanted to see so we took a chance on Hairspray being at the TCKTs booth. I wouldn't like to say take a chance and then you're disappointed.

On the other hand we did get the most amazing seats. We were in the stalls, in the middle not far from the stage where we could see everything. We've never had a bad seat yet from the TCKTS booth.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
128 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: George Wednt in Hairspray on Broadway

Thanks bob7. We're not huge fans of musicals and could see a lot of them in Edinburgh if we really wanted. For example, Mary Poppins is opening here soon and much against the grain I've got tickets to see Disney's High School Musical later this month (also in Edinburgh) as a birthday treat for my son. Serious drama is more my cup of tea, but that's not suitable with an 11 year old in tow.

Despite this, I do really feel that we ought to take in a show. I remember enjoying 'Hairspray' the film and loved 'Cheers' so that was why we reached our choice.

However, I now have a different problem. On Saturday I was chatting to an American actor friend (no, he's not famous...yet *lol*), who told me to take in 'Blue Man Group'. The show hadn't registered on my horizon before, but sounds as though it ticks all the boxes; music with a bit of comedy and theatre. I went to book it on Ticketmaster.com - looks like there's never any discounts - and discovered that even with opting for the 'Will call' option I can't book using a UK address. It automatically assumes that you have a US or Canadian address for your credit card. The UK site doesn't allow you to book shows in NY. What's the way round this I wonder? Phoning? Can anyone advise?

10. Re: George Wednt in Hairspray on Broadway

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 15:17