We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Advice on our itenerary

Wigan
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Advice on our itenerary

Can you please give us advice on our itinery?

Sat 24th May 08

Arrive @ Hotel (Hampton Inn Times Sq North 51st st)

5pm onwards

Rockerfeller Centre

St Patricks Cathedral

Radio City

Eat & Drink in this area (Suggestions please)

Back to hotel

Sun 25th

Breakfast at hotel

10am - Head to Pulitzer Fountain for SATC tour

2pm - SATC tour finishes

2pm - Bloomindales, Central Park, Trump Tower

6pm - 7pm - Back to hotel to change

7pm Onwards - Times Square for food & drinks

Back to Hotel

Mon 26th

Breakfast at hotel

Bus tour down to Macy's

Empire State Building

Madison Sq Garden

Flatiron Building

Grand Central Station

Chrysler Building

Greenwich Village for food & drinks

Back to Hotel

Tues 27th

Breakfast

Pick up Marriage Licence (City Hall)

NY Stock Exchange

Helicopter Tour

Ground Zero

China Town/Little Italy

Early night at hotel

Wed 28th

Wedding in Central Park - Yippee!!!!!

Back to Hotel to chill

Meal & Broadway Show - Hopefully Wicked

Thurs 29th

Shopping & Food

Possibly another show - Chicago

Fri 30th

Pack

Last minute shopping

6pm - shuttle back to JFK airport

Any comments welcome :-)

NY
Level Contributor
775 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Advice on our itenerary

It sounds like you did a lot of good research. Monday seems a bit aggressive and Tuesday may be very aggressive so you may want to prioritize what interests you most in case you can't do it all.

I notice you don't have any museums in case that interests you. I particularly like the Cloisters which has midieval architecture. You would take the A train to 190th Street and walk through Fort Tryon Park to get there. Another museum that I like are the Paley Center, formerly the Musuem of Television and Radio. You may also like the Guggenheim or others.

To get Wicked tickets it may be good to have them in advance.

Also a trip to Brooklyn Heights is nice with great views of lower Manhattan and many good restaurants including Miso Sushi if you like Japanese. If you like Italian, I recommend Bella Cucina on 87th Street and Lexington.

Have a nice trip and let us know how it goes.

New York City
Level Contributor
17,258 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Advice on our itenerary

Saturday - Brasserie Ruhlmann is nice for dinner; if the weather is fine, you can eat outdoors.

Sunday -- Why in the world would anyone want to have dinner in the Times Square area? Few good restaurants, but lots of overpriced chains crammed with tourists.

Tuesday -- You do not pick up a marriage license at City Hall, you get it at the Municipal Building. You also might reconsider which municipal building you use. There are things to see in the Wall Street area, but the Stock Exchange has not allowed visitors since 9/11/01. I would also recommend skipping Little Italy (a big yawn.) Instead, take the subway over to Brooklyn Heights, wander over there, have a nice (and inexpensive) lunch or dinner in a sidewalk place on Montague Street, and walk the Brooklyn Bridge back to Manhattan.

Perhaps you might consider squeezing a ride on the Staten Island Ferry in some time -- lovely views, and it's free.

Wigan
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Advice on our itenerary

Thanks all for your points, I completely forgot about Staten Island ferry and the museums!!!! :-)

I agree about eating at Times Square i have had a re-think about that.

Please let me know what good restaurants are around the 51st Street/8th Avenue area for our 1st night. My OH is a very fussy eater so anywhere that does a good Steak and Fries and he will be happy :-)

4. Re: Advice on our itenerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 23:20