We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to book ESB & TOTR??

Sydney
Level Contributor
213 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
When to book ESB & TOTR??

I'll be travelling to NYC early April.

I've bought tickets for some broadway shows that I want to see and have been told to pre purchase my tickets to ESB & TOTH becasue of the lines.

Should I buy them BEFORE I leave for the US? OR should I buy them when I arrive in NYC but purchase them for the next day etc

I'm worried if I purchase them before I leave then I could end up going on a day when the weather is bad etc. Is this a normal thing or should I just not worry about it and pick a day & book now?

Thanks

Sunderland, United...
Destination Expert
for Sunderland
Level Contributor
6,805 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When to book ESB & TOTR??

The tickets for the ESB are not dated when you buy them so it's a good idea to pre-purchase them and then just choose the day when you get there. I've never pre-booked TOTR tickets, there's never been a queue and the longest it took to get up to the top ( including watching a short film) was half an hour. There's also frequent discount vouchers available and these aren't valid for on line purchases.I'd wait till you got there and choose the best day for the views.

Durham
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When to book ESB & TOTR??

I second what Daisiegee says :)

Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
80 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When to book ESB & TOTR??

Hi, I purchased my ESB tickets before my trip online, and printed off my tickets and took them with me. They are valid for up to a year (I think?)Check the website.

We passed the entrance to ESB during the day and the lines were nearly round the block. We went about 8.30pm and sailed through entrance. View is amazing at night and the view day time from TOTR was fab.

Have a great time.

melbourne
Level Contributor
1,914 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When to book ESB & TOTR??

Hi Ness

Sorry I may have overlooked telling you the ESB tickets are FOR ANY DAY ANY TIME so you should definatley buy them before you go

TOTR are times slots. I pre purchased mine as I want to go at 6.30pm for day/sunset views and was told by TOTR when I rang this is the busiest time and also its spring break.

5. Re: When to book ESB & TOTR??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 September 2009, 23:19