We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Picturesque sites near Piermont NY?

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Picturesque sites near Piermont NY?

Hi,

I am getting married in Piermont NY in mid April and was wondering if there are any nice spots we can go for photos in the area the day of? Park, free would be nice, views of the Hudson?

Thanks!

Brooklyn, NY
Level Contributor
5,792 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Picturesque sites near Piermont NY?

There is a fantastic restaurant called "Xaviar's" in Peirmont. It's supposed to be the best in Westchester. query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html…

9C02E0DA123FF933A05755C0A960958260

Piermont is set on the Hudson River and there is a bit of a marina if I remember correctly.

http://www.visitpiermont.com/

There is also a large park at the water's edge ..... but pretty simple.

query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=

9F0CEED61539F931A25756C0A960958260

I think Nyack (the next town over) is a bit nicer though and more picturesque. You are also not far from Cold Springs (a small town I really like) on the other side of the Hudson River which is right across from Storm King and West Point. There are very nice views from Cold Spring. West Point also has some nice views from above the Hudson River.

rqf
New York City
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Picturesque sites near Piermont NY?

Piermont is about 2 miles from Tallman Mountain State Park.

For information about the park google Tallman Mt. State Park or contact the park - Tallman Mountain State Park: 845-359-0544

321 Route 9w, Sparkill, NY 10976,

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
86 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Picturesque sites near Piermont NY?

I live in Piermont. The whole village is fantastic.

You can do photos on the "walkway" - overlooking the river. Photos in Kane Park overlooking the "marsh", or in Pirelli Park - overlooking the river.

Write if you have anymore questions.

SophiaNYC

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Picturesque sites near Piermont NY?

THANKS to everyone for your suggestions! I will check these out as possible photo locations!!

5. Re: Picturesque sites near Piermont NY?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 21:20