We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Senior Trip - NYC

kentucky
3 posts
Save Topic
Senior Trip - NYC

I will be going on my Senior Trip the first week of April. We will be doing a lot of sight seeing and going to a Broadway play. I usually wear a polo, jeans, and a pair of Nikes. Is a tie a good idea for Broadway? This will be my first time in New York since my fourth grade year...HELP!!!

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,666 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Senior Trip - NYC

No tie required for a broadway show LOL. Have fun!

kentucky
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Senior Trip - NYC

so what is something good to wear to broadway...because i have no clue

New York, NY
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Senior Trip - NYC

Clean clothing. Jeans are fine, there is no dress code. You will see people in fancy clothing, men in suits, men in jeans, whatever. More impoetantly just remember to turn your cell phone off.

kentucky
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Senior Trip - NYC

Thanks for the advice. What about the days we are sight seeing?

New York State, USA
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
1,397 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Senior Trip - NYC

I would recommend bringing a warm jacket and hat. It's been cold in NYC and you never know what the weather will bring!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
95,454 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Senior Trip - NYC

Nice jeans, a polo or turtle neck or shirt and a blazer or sports jacket will service you almost anywhere. Nikes are fine for sightseeing/walking around but for a nicer restaurant, you might feel more comfortable in a decent pair of shoes. NYC has become very casual like the rest of the world, but it's not the golf course or the local mall. ;)

7. Re: Senior Trip - NYC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 18:21