We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

question about Broadwaybox.com

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
653 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
question about Broadwaybox.com

I'm wanting to buy tickets for In The Heights for June 10 or 12, and hoping to get them in advance with a discount (not wait for TKTS once we're in NYC). The current discount on broadwaybox.com expires June 1... does anyone know, will they not post a discount that will include my dates until AFTER June 1, or might it be sometime earlier, maybe in April or May?

I just would rather not wait that long to buy tickets and end up with poor seats. Wondering if anyone here has the "inside scoop" on what I can expect. Thanks!

Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: EmptyMet Tour at The...
147 Reviews
from US$175.00*
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island...
1,170 Reviews
from US$57.00*
New York in One Day Guided...
1,058 Reviews
from US$83.99*
NYC Empire State Observatory...
2,418 Reviews
from US$37.00*
Russell, KY
Level Contributor
4,368 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: question about Broadwaybox.com

The discounts are usually posted six to eight weeks before expiration. Don't forget to check playbill.com and theatermania.com for discounts, too. All those sites are free to join.

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
653 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: question about Broadwaybox.com

thanks... yes I've joined & checked all those sites but broadwaybox seems to be the only one with discounts to that play right now...

I suppose I'll just have to wait and see! I just don't want to have to be buying tickets right before we leave (the first half of our trip starts June 4)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
894 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: question about Broadwaybox.com

Sherry, the current offer (that expires June 1st) has to be booked by April 20th. I would just look right after April 20th for the new offer, and the dates will probably be for when you're in town.

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
653 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: question about Broadwaybox.com

thanks CK, I hadn't noticed the April 20 part... I feel better!

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
32,525 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: question about Broadwaybox.com

Sherry, here's the inside scoop.

Come closer, I don't want anyone else to see this.

Broadwaybox.com's discounts SOMETIMES work even after the posted expiration date. Just try it and you might get lucky! Good luck.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
894 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: question about Broadwaybox.com

Oops, Sherry, I think I read it wrong. All my shows I have been keeping track of are on Telecharge, not Ticketmaster and all the discounts I've seen have been "buy before this date".

However, like a previous poster said, the discounts usually happen 6 wks before, (I've been watching this for about 7 months now, and that's what I've seen too) so it should be in late April to see a discount for your time in NY....

Also, check here too, but again, 6 weeks before:

http://shows.travelzoo.com/new-york-shows/

I'm sure you'll find a discount before you leave! Good luck!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
102,429 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: question about Broadwaybox.com

Sign up for a free discount alert from broadwaybox.com I'd buy them as soon as you can. I think it will be nominated for a lot of Tony awards (like the Oscars for theater).

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
653 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: question about Broadwaybox.com

Thanks everyone for the suggestions... tried your trick HopSkipJump but didn't work, this time anyway! but good to know.

Glad to hear though that the discounts should appear sooner than later though. Was really hoping I woulnd't have to wait until June 1!

Looked on travelzoo but saw nothing yet; I didn't know they had show discounts from that site so thanks, will keep mentioning.

nywhiz -- I am signed up for the email so will keep watching out! I definitely want to see this show, and I knew it was getting pretty popular so I guess that's why I was getting nervous, and thinking I might have to buy full price now.

I think if I don't see discounts by late April I'll just buy them from Ticketmaster.

I already have my Jersey Boys tix and our 3rd show will be Avenue Q but I'm not as worried about that one!

thanks again,

Sherry

Mentioned in this post
Jersey Boys
Jersey Boys
7,006 Reviews
New York City, NY
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
894 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: question about Broadwaybox.com

Sherry, I too bought tickets at full price for Jersey Boys, and then at full price for August: Osage County...and am still waiting for Avenue Q discount tickets...honestly, I wouldn't have even bought Jersey Boys tickets, except that I thought August: Osage County wouldn't be playing when we arrived, and I jumped...out of desperation...I'm sure we'll love it...but I wouldn't have done that normally...

I am waiting on Avenue Q discounts for us (I think my son will love this one), and I think I want to see "The Country Girl"...(I think my son might not like this one...;-)

I haven't told my son about any of them (besides Jersey Boys)...this trip is going to enrich his culture..:-) (I'm hoping!)

Mentioned in this post
Jersey Boys
Jersey Boys
7,006 Reviews
New York City, NY
10. Re: question about Broadwaybox.com

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 09:21