We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Posts removed from reviews of Lucerne hotel

Tn
Level Contributor
145 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Posts removed from reviews of Lucerne hotel

Have been checking reviews of different hotels. I noticed that 2 negative reviews (bedbugs were mentioned)posted between March 16 and April 3 are now gone. There is no mention of deleted posts- its like they never existed. Anyone know why?

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Posts removed from reviews of Lucerne hotel

We are not the TA moderators.

Unless they decide to post here, everything written would be CONJECTURE.

Level Contributor
2,863 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Posts removed from reviews of Lucerne hotel

Here in will lie the long term future of Tripadvisor; for

the truth about this issue determines the credibility

of it all.

A response from TA is required here.

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Posts removed from reviews of Lucerne hotel

You are far more likely to get a response if you email them in private than posting on this message board.

In the time I have been on this message board, they have never publicly posted anything.

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Posts removed from reviews of Lucerne hotel

I agree, write TA directly.

I recently read through the reviews of the Lucerne, and it did stand out that the only two horrible reviews were written by people who never posted anything else anywhere on the site and therefore looked suspicious. I suspect those are the ones that were deleted, but can't tell for sure.

Tn
Level Contributor
145 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Posts removed from reviews of Lucerne hotel

Thank you all once again. I wanted to stay at the Lucerne - but the 2 bad reviews were concerning. It helps to know that the 2 reviews were suspicious. But it is still troubling that the reviews just disappeared without explanation. It makes me wonder if other bad reviews have been deleted.

I think that the most important part of trip advisor are the local experts. You all are amazing. I have always found your advice to be right on target. Thanks again.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,858 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Posts removed from reviews of Lucerne hotel

There was a post about these reviews a little while ago. One of the tried-and-true long-time NC members noticed that those reviews seemed suspicious (e.g., new members, one post, plus other things - e.g., maybe they traced ISP?)... guess those reviews were plants????

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
1,858 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Posts removed from reviews of Lucerne hotel

Maybe it was Bettina who was the tried-and-true New Yorker. ;)

Caerphilly, United...
Level Contributor
1,549 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Posts removed from reviews of Lucerne hotel

I left a review a few days ago about a hotel I stayed at in France last week and noticed a warning about leaving false reviews I've not noticed this in the past when leaving hotel reviews and thought at the time that maybe TA felt they had a problem?

9. Re: Posts removed from reviews of Lucerne hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 18:19