We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

NYC To Jersey shore

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
NYC To Jersey shore

Summer is coming and we know the question about beach trips have arrived and will continue to come at everyone. Usually those looking for public transportation to the Jersey shore were limited to a few towns, but I found this service to Long Beach Island, a beautiful barrier island, north of Atlantic City: TransportAzumah, which operates weekend service from New York to several stops on Long Beach Island. The schedule doesn't seem very amenable to day trips, but an overnight or weekend is fine. If you pick the right town on Long Beach Island, no car is needed !

See: www.transportazumah.com/2008SNYCLBI.pdf

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
511 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: NYC To Jersey shore

So you've had good experiences with this service? It looks like a great solution on its face -- just wanted to check if anyone had used it, had any comments -- thanks.

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: NYC To Jersey shore

I have been watching for feedback on this transport, and the only reply I have heard of was on www.lbi.net forum. I have copied and pasted a comment below:

transportazumah,com/TAZ10

Note, if at first, they dont answer the phone for a reservation, keep trying-they WILL answer.

My cousin took this bus two weeks ago- no problem. Be careful if taking the bus from LBI to NYC, if the driver does not see a crowd- he may just pass you by. Wave him down as you see the bus coming. PS- they sometimes use vans if there are not enough passengers to reserve a bus.

Good Luck.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
511 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: NYC To Jersey shore

Thanks!

New York
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: NYC To Jersey shore

STAY AWAY!!!! My wife and I were booked at the Daddy-O on LBI 07-25 07-27 and had made reservations on the 7pm TransportAzumah shuttle WHICH NEVER SHOWED UP.

After spending the rest of the evening trying to find alternate ways to LBI we ended up eating many hundreds of dollars in our hotel room because we never made it down.

Like stated above, nobody answers the phones. They ruined our weekend.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,224 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: NYC To Jersey shore

on a sort of related note, I noticed there is a ferry to Sandy Hook from pier 11 (Wall Street pier). Its seastreak or seastreek... something like that.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
511 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: NYC To Jersey shore

rrice-

Did you ever reach them and get an explanation?

Thanks.

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,387 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: NYC To Jersey shore

I would reccomend Belmar

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: NYC To Jersey shore

I saw the Seastreak this past weekend while dining on the bay in the Highlands. It's a nice daytrip from Manhattan if you want to go to the beach. It certainly beats the traffic on the Garden State Parkway!

www.seastreak.com/SeaStreak/default.htm

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
511 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: NYC To Jersey shore

We've now used TransportAzumah once. Customer service is a bit spotty (hard to reach by phone, slow, terse responses to e-mail, semi-functional website), but the van arrived exactly on time, and got my husband back to NYC safely.

Just one experience, but there it is.

10. Re: NYC To Jersey shore

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 22:18