We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Broadway's Mary Poppins Seating help

Hawaii
Level Contributor
235 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Broadway's Mary Poppins Seating help

Hello all!! I wanted to take my children to see the Broadway performance of Mary Poppins. I was considering doing on a budget and sitting in the Mezz or balcony area of the New Amesterdam theatre. Is this theatre big? Are the balcony and rear Mezz area "nose bleed" seats? will we need binoculars???

Please help!!!!

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
221 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Broadway's Mary Poppins Seating help

You will be able to see just fine in the balcony.

It's a bit tight up there so if you are tall try for an aisle seat to stretch out. The seats along the side sloped a bit, but our family could see everything perfectly, including our 5 yr old daughter.

The balcony seats are the best for the ending, too, in my opinion.

Check out www.broadwaybox.com for current discounts for Mary Poppins.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
587 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Broadway's Mary Poppins Seating help

We where there 2 weeks ago and all that was left where the balcony seats. The seats where fine and we could see everything. The only thing was that because of the height levels the row of children behind us kicked our seats constantly, one of them even got me in the back of the neck.Apart from that they are ok. Cheers!

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Broadway's Mary Poppins Seating help

The lower the better. I'll agree, the side seats in the balcony slope slightly. Some people hardly notice, but for others (like one friend of mine), it's disorienting to the point where he had to leave. The balcony is also "way up there."

Definitely bring binoculars.

Fresno, CA
Destination Expert
for Fresno
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Broadway's Mary Poppins Seating help

We sat in the center mezz row PP toward the back to one side and the seats were fine. My kids 7 and 10 could see everthing. They do have booster cushions available which my 7 yr old used. We didn't need binoculars.

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Broadway's Mary Poppins Seating help

We had center mezz, about 4 rows from front of mezz, and it was great! No worries.

Hawaii
Level Contributor
235 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Broadway's Mary Poppins Seating help

Thank you all for responding so quickly.... Is this a large theater? someone mentioned bringing binoculars......If you sit in the balcony are you able to make out the faces on the people in the production?

Warwick, Rhode...
Level Contributor
221 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Broadway's Mary Poppins Seating help

It's not that large and we did not need binoculars.

We could see everything perfectly. The booster seats are great for the kids.

Los angeles, CA
Level Contributor
13 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Broadway's Mary Poppins Seating help

The balcony is fine. I sat there last summer. I just got tickets for next weekend in the mezzanine for $50 each. Bought them on broadwaybox.com. It's a great show you and your kids will love it. Also, you don't need binoculars.

NYC, NY
Level Contributor
261 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Broadway's Mary Poppins Seating help

Also saw MP with a discount from BroadwayBox.com got good seats and a good deal, no complaints.

Link in used is: broadwaybox.com/shows/…

10. Re: Broadway's Mary Poppins Seating help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 01:17