We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with booking Hairspray tickets from England

newcastle
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Help with booking Hairspray tickets from England

I am trying to book tickets online for Hairspray via Ticketmaster. The website allows me to put in all of my details but because I live in England and therefore do not have a Zip code, etc., I am having trouble proceeding with my booking. I know I must be doing something wrong and probably it is simple to rectify but I have tried numerous times and it just won't work. I can't find a telephone number for Ticketline to get help so wondered if any of you wonderful people on TA can advise me.

thanks a lot in advance.

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with booking Hairspray tickets from England

put your post code in the zip code section and make sure country shows as uk.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,111 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with booking Hairspray tickets from England

Where it says country, select great britain and type in your postcode.

I have used ticketmaster dozens of times and never had a problem

chehire, UK
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with booking Hairspray tickets from England

I would recommend not buying them in advance.. go to the TKTS booth in Times Square and get the tickets when they are heavily discounted. We saw Mama Mia over Xmas and got 50% off!

newcastle
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with booking Hairspray tickets from England

Thanks will give your suggestions a try. Sazza121 thanks also, I did think about waiting until we get there but we are only there for a weekend and I am worried that there will not be any tickets available. We are going to NY for my daughters 21st birthday and this is the show she would really like to see, I dont want her to be disapponted.

There are some tickets via ticketline for $75, the seats are in the mezzanine area, does anyone know if these will be ok? Or should I pay $110 for orchestra seats? It is a lot of money but I suppose she will only be 21 once!!!!!

thanks again everyone

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with booking Hairspray tickets from England

Check with broadwaybox.com to see if there is a discount code for when you want to come. We just saw Legally Blonde for 50% off and were able to purchase the tickets ahead of time. right now they showing 40% off Hairspray tickets.

newcastle
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with booking Hairspray tickets from England

I have seen the 40% discount for Hairspray on broadwaybox but when I type in the code it just asks me to search again, which I presume means all the discounted tickets have been sold!! Thanks anyway for your advice.

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with booking Hairspray tickets from England

If you can try a different day during your visit that may work. The first day I selected for Legally blonde had no availability, but the next date I selected I was able to book with the discount. good luck

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1,163 posts
135 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with booking Hairspray tickets from England

I booked tickets to a broadway show from the UK using broadwaybox.com and had no problems. Tickets were waiting at the box office us. Maybe you could try on there?

Gibraltar, Europe
Level Contributor
1,716 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help with booking Hairspray tickets from England

I used telecharge.com

We don't have a postcode/zipcode and it often causes great problems, but I typed in my usual solution which is 11111 and called Gibraltar "United Kingdom" and it worked. Sometimes the credit card will not charge because it notices a slight difference and suspects fraud. It got accepted and I paid.

Why not give that site a try?

I did not get a discount because we wanted a specific show - and would have been disappointed if they were sold out/bad tickets. We are waiting to book another show - won't matter if we go to an alternative - so for that one we will do a discount code.

I was trying it out last night, there were 2 codes I tried, one worked and one didn't. Keep trying.

newcastle
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help with booking Hairspray tickets from England

Thanks everyone for your quick responses. Well I have done it with all your help. It's costing me a fortune as I have paid full price for the tickets to ensure we get to see that particular show. I am sure it will be worth it!!!I tried numerous times to get discounted tickets but no luck.

Sorry but I have another quandry. I have paid with my partners credit card (yes he does know about it) but now I am worried that when I go to collect the tickets at the box office they will want to see his I.D. Unfortunately for him he isn't coming with us to New York and I am worried that if I don't have his I.D. I will be refused the tickets. Am I worrying too much? I never thought about this when I booked. I really am not as dizzy as I seem!!!