We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ideas for deli's, restaurants please ....

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
145 posts
1 review
Save Topic
ideas for deli's, restaurants please ....

Hi,

we are staying at The Plaza in July for a week with 2 kids under 7 year old.

we want to try and eat at some really good NY famous places - within 20 minutes cab distance of the hotel, specifically :

best diner you can recommend

best deli you can recommend

best family fun themed restaurant you can recommend.

best hot dogs and burger restaurants.

we're looking to have a fun week eating fun food typical of whats on offer. Also would love suggestions on any good Greek, Lebanese or Britis places, not mad expensive and easy with kids.

thanks - I hope you can help

NY
Level Contributor
782 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ideas for deli's, restaurants please ....

www.menupages.com gives you a list of restaurants based on price, cuisine type, people's opinion and price range. You will see a menu as well for each restaurant.

Maybe Hard Rock Cafe or ESPN or Planet Hollywood for a themed restaurant. I like Liebman's deli best but that is in Riverdale and could be a trip. Not familiar with Greek, Lebanese or Britis places but maybe the website will help there. For Italian Bella Cucina on 87th and Lexington is good and Miso Sushi in Brooklyn Heights is good for Japanese food.

Hope this helps and have a nice trip.

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
145 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: ideas for deli's, restaurants please ....

New York
Level Contributor
1,125 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ideas for deli's, restaurants please ....

Hi Islander,

For Delis, I like

Katz's, it is on Houston. This is the deli where they filmed the famous scene with Meg Ryan(really enjoying her meal)

There is a hot debate here over what the best is,

Others mentioned here a lot are

Carnegie, and Second Ave. Deli.

for burgers,

Shake Shack in Madison Square Park, or the Burger Joint in the Parker Meridian Hotel get mentioned.

for Greek,

friends and I had a good inexpensive dinner at

Uncle Nicks on 9th ave between 50th and 51st a few weeks ago.

We sometimes go to Queens to

Telly's Taverna, this is very good inexpensive Greek food.

Molyvos, on 7th ave between 55th and 56th, this is good but expensive, if you want to go out for an expensive Greek dinner.

Pylos, 7th st between 1st ave and ave. A. A Greek man I know swears this is the best Greek food in the city.

4. Re: ideas for deli's, restaurants please ....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 18:20