We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crowds Woodbury Common

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
376 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Crowds Woodbury Common

I read that people were queueing for 2 hours to enter some shops in woodbury.

Can anyone inform me what crowds would be like the first week of January Mon - Wed. Is it quieter there in the mornings?

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,501 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crowds Woodbury Common

The crowds you heard about were for Thanksgiving weekend, the busiest days of the year. I wouldn't worry about January except if it's over a holiday weekend. I would get there early if you want to avoid crowds. As Waterford has said from her recent trip, early morning or late afternoon into evening (if they're open) are best. 12-4 are the busiest times.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
376 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crowds Woodbury Common

Thanks for this advice. I'll probably head to Woodbury on the Monday and get the first bus out. My cousins in NY can't understand whats taking me there, but all my friends from Ireland assure me the prices are well worth the visit!

Do I need to take a suitcase on wheels as advised? Best be well prepared!

waterford ireland
Level Contributor
2,187 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crowds Woodbury Common

Yep. There are no trolleys there. My friends still have blisters on their hands from bringing bags around.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
396 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crowds Woodbury Common

Hire a locker (near info centre) to plant your spoils until home time. Sooo much easier browsing hands free!!

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
376 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crowds Woodbury Common

Thanks a million for letting me know about the lockers. I will also have my two children 9 & 6 so my hands will be fairly full!

Will there be sales on the first week of January.

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,609 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Crowds Woodbury Common

The 9 and 6 year old are probably not going to enjoy this experience. Woodbury is very spread out...a lot of walking... They deserve special treats and things to amuse themselves with.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
376 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Crowds Woodbury Common

Thanks for this info, my husband will probably take them to Central park and to the Amercian ?? for Girls. Can't think of the correct name at present.

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
817 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Crowds Woodbury Common

Definatley get a locker as soon as you arrive as within a short while they are all gone - I 'd estimate there are only about 50 lockers.

A lot of people on our bus bought cases at Woodbury to bring their purchases back - there are several luggage shops that are reasonable - but use the lockers and ask them to keep the case until near the end of your trip otherwise you will be dragging the case around with you and some of the stores don't have a lot of space in between the aisles ie Tommy Hilfiger. The buses are proper tour buses so you can put cases in the compartment underneath.

Its a long day - we caught the 8.10am bus and got back into NY at 9.30 in the night!!! so comfortable shoes as well!!

I loved it there - I know that it hasn't been everyones cup of tea but I bought loads - and I would say that 80% of the people on our bus were your countrymen and boy did they know how to shop!!!!

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
376 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Crowds Woodbury Common

thanks for your advice Sarahms. I intend getting out there on the first bus and hopefully get a locker. If not I can always purchase a case. Looking forward to shopping!

Portskewett, United...
Level Contributor
817 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Crowds Woodbury Common

Just another thought - get to the Port Authority Bus terminal before 8.00am if you want the 8.30am bus - I went the night before (on my way back from somewhere) and bought my tickets. They told me to be there at 8.15am but because I am always keen I was there at 8.00am and there was already a queue. But in fairness, Grayline saw this and got other buses ready and shipped us out at 8.10am to shorten the lines.

I know you are going in Jan so it may not be so bad then but if there are big sales on it may be the same.

One other tip. The tickets for the trip cost $36 each and include a voucher book which costs $8 of the price.

If you go to www.premiumoutlets.com/outlets/outlet.asp… and join the VIP club (free - they just register your email address) then they will give you a voucher to get the same voucher book free. I stupidly paid for the bus tickets and took the printed voucehr from the VIP club and the lady at the info desk told me they were the same and that if I had told Grayline that I didn't want the voucher book I wouldn't have paid $36 - only $28!!! so learn from my mistake!!!!

I did use one of the vouchers in Tommy Hilfiger for ��25 dollars off so did save but the rest of the voucers you had to spend quite a bit to get a discount

Sarah