We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cameras in yankee stadium

nova scotia
Level Contributor
59 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
cameras in yankee stadium

r u allowed to bring in digital cameras into the stadium

KiwiGIrl70
4 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: cameras in yankee stadium

yes - i'm sure you can validate that at their website, but it's a no brainer. they just give you a hard time with "bags" (you have to check them across the street).

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,828 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cameras in yankee stadium

I've wondered about this myself since the website says no "video devices". Well my camera can shot video...not that I have a clue how, but I'm wondering if it will be denied at the gate????

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: cameras in yankee stadium

A friend of mine brings her small digital camera to YS every game she attends - no worries - it does shoot video but does not look like one - so just bring your camera and stop worrying. Here's an excerpt from the YS ruled&regs.: CAMERAS & VIDEO EQUIPMENT

Single-frame flash photography is allowed. All forms of video and motion-picture cameras are strictly prohibited. Guests are also forbidden to use lighting or camera support pods at the Stadium. Please note: Fans are not permitted to reproduce or rebroadcast any film of Yankees games for commercial purposes without the prior written permission of the Yankees and Major League Baseball.

Devon, UK
Level Contributor
482 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cameras in yankee stadium

We took a normal digital camera that could also take video, but it looks like a still camera and had no problems.

Considering a majority of mobile/cell phones can record video these days, if the rules were strictly enforced, they would have to ban them as well. Can't see that happening.

The daft thing was having to empty our snacks and bottled water out of a shops carrier bag in to a clear plastic carrier bag they supplied.

New York
Level Contributor
3,944 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: cameras in yankee stadium

Daft? perhaps, but that's the world we're living in.

Does anybody know if that's markedly different from the security procedures at, say, Wembley or Old Trafford?

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,914 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: cameras in yankee stadium

On our recent trip to Disney World in Florida we had to go through "security" each time we entered the park.

It was a perfunctory check and my son-in-law, a police officer, claimed it really was not thorough; I reckon just the fact of having a checkpoint may have been enough to keep 'them' on their toes.

As mentioned - it's the world we live in today!

Poppa

Mineola, New York
Level Contributor
6,407 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cameras in yankee stadium

When we were at Shea a couple of weeks ago they had a BAGS line and a NO BAGS line. Saw lots of folks with bags in the stadium so I guess the rules at Shea are different than at Yankee Stadium.

8. Re: cameras in yankee stadium

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 20:19