hi everyone!! i'm going to be in new york in august and i have a few questions!
1) i assume that the weather is going to be baking in august, but what sort of clothing is advisble? just jeans and t-shirts? or will i need light cardigans etc.. as well?
2) im staying a the tudor hotel near the united nations, has anyone ever stayed there? is it decent enough?
3) is the FDNY store still just around the corner from the rockerfeller centre?
4) i assume the metro runs on a sunday, will it be a limited service?
5) i'm also plan on travelling down to philladelphia and then DC whilst i'm in america using amtrak, however, has anyone from the UK used amtrak before? did you buy your tickets in advance (if so, how did you get the tickets? did they ship them?) or on the day (are they more expensive to buy on the day?)?
thanks so much to anyone who replies!! i do realise that there's quite a few questions!! alison, xx