We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant in Times Square w/ a great view 6/6?

Level Contributor
966 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant in Times Square w/ a great view 6/6?

hi - my husband and i will arrive around 7:30 tomorrow night ...... we are staying at the westin at times square and would like to enjoy a restaurant in that area w/ a good view ...... nothing tooo fancy - we are early 30's and it's our first time to the city ..... thanks!

Cincinnati, OH
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant in Times Square w/ a great view 6/6?

The View at the Marquis is the only revolving restaurant in NYC. The views are well worth the $12.00 glass of wine. Don't go for dinner. The food is a definite no! It's over priced and ho hum at best. Go to the lounge and have a drink. Same unbelievable view and you only pay for a drink. After the drink, go down the express elevator, get in a cab and go to any one of a million incredible restaurants, but it's worth the price of a drink for the view!

Aberdeen
Level Contributor
19 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant in Times Square w/ a great view 6/6?

Totally agree with last poster. Just stayed here and went to Lounge on 49th floor. View is well worth paying for the drink or drinks that you will have. Food (which we had) is definetly worth giving a miss, eat elsewhere, just enjoy the drinks and the view here.

C

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant in Times Square w/ a great view 6/6?

Chop Suey is a casual pan-Asian restaurant in Times Square with decent food and great views:

http://www.chopsueynyc.com/

And here's the page on restaurants with views from the FAQ:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60763-c67171/New-Yor…

Kentucky
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant in Times Square w/ a great view 6/6?

I was wondering how your experience was at the Westin. My sister and I are staying there in September. It's our first time in NY as well. Any advise? We will only be there a couple of days and want to see as much as we can....thanks!

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
432 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant in Times Square w/ a great view 6/6?

Hello Turnerbudd, can I just check? Are you saying that The View and the Lounge are different places but in the same hotel? Or are they the same. Someone told me there was an entrance fee for The View. Is that right?

Bremerton...
Level Contributor
333 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant in Times Square w/ a great view 6/6?

Re The View at the Marriott Marquis: I think if you don't order anything it's $7 per person, but it was really fun to order a drink and revolve around the NYC night view after seeing our show. It closed at midnight (we were there on a Monday), but it was really fun. We ate at their buffet for $29 per person and it was not bad. Lots of variety. The food was okay, but the view was FABULOUS! I honestly can't remember what I ate.

Bremerton...
Level Contributor
333 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant in Times Square w/ a great view 6/6?

Wait, I didn't answer your question very well. The View is on the top floor. It revolves. The View has a buffet and a bar. The restaurant is one floor below. I don't know if the restaurant revolves.

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
432 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant in Times Square w/ a great view 6/6?

Smashing thanks! I can't wait!

A Southern State
Level Contributor
275 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant in Times Square w/ a great view 6/6?

Renthead,

We stayed at the Westin Times Square in Nov 2005 and had an excellent stay. Nice lobby, close to TS, comfy beds...bathroom quite small, though. It is just far enough from TS (and close to a very, very busy train & bus station) that I might not walk there alone too late at night, especially going up/down 8th Ave.

Have a great time!

10. Re: Restaurant in Times Square w/ a great view 6/6?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 03:17