We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonable accomodation

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Reasonable accomodation

Thanks to everyone for replying to my previous question about hotels vs Bubba & Bean.

Change of plan Nov 5th 2008 for 1 week central to Times square...any ideas for about $200-225 per room

Thanks for being so helpful

Welshdragon

Durham
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonable accomodation

Not sure why you want to be central to Time Square but would suggest you look slightly further afield for more reasonable priced accommodation. I can recommend the following (all with good transport links and in nice areas imo!) In order of my favourite.

www.greenwichvillagehome.com - only has one room, more like 'living' in NYC, very small kitchenette, price inc taxes and breakfast

www.chelsealodge.com - shared bathroom (toilet you get your own shower), very clean, never saw another person whilst we were there!

www.secondhomesecondavenue.com - shared bathrooms - haven't stayed here but a couple of friends have and really enjoyed it - I think they may also have some rooms with their own facilities.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,709 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonable accomodation

I agree that unless you're planning on going to the theater every night, there's no reason to stay near Times Square. In addition to the ones mentioned above, you can also check

chelsealodgesuites.com has private bathrooms

jacksbandb.com

larchmonthotel.com has a family suite with private bathroom

podhotel.com has shared and private bathrooms

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
22 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonable accomodation

Thanks for info,looking it up now.No reason why I want to stay Nr Times Square,not looking to go to the theatre so open to suggestions,just want to see as much as we can.

Durham
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Reasonable accomodation

As the tourists sights are quite spread out just make sure your accommodation is near to a subway line and you're pretty much good to go :)

5. Re: Reasonable accomodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 September 2009, 20:20