We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Legally Blonde - TKTS regular?

Orange County
Level Contributor
198 posts
Save Topic
Legally Blonde - TKTS regular?

Hey folks.

Regular visitor, needing help from a spy on the ground.

Going to NY the weekend of July 25th, and I want to see Legally Blonde while I am there. I have open slots for Friday evening, and Saturday matinee.

There is currently copious availability for both performances on ticketmaster's site, but as an experienced theatregoer, I have of course waited to buy tickets for less popular shows until I arrive, knowing I can pick up half-proce tickets, same day.

The TDF website is helpful, to a point. It always lists Legally Blonde among the shows on sale at the booths last week, but never which day, or how full they were.

Sooo... Anyone on the ground want to help me out? In your travels, have you seen the TKTS board showing Legally Blonde just about every day? If so, I'll wait. I'd hate to buy full-price tickets, and then get down there and they're selling the orchestra for half price.

What do you think?

-B

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Legally Blonde - TKTS regular?

I'd wait.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,508 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Legally Blonde - TKTS regular?

I think you should try getting discount tickets in advance using a code from

broadwaybox.com

playbill.com

theatermania.com

hitshowclub.com

but you'll have to wait since the codes currently posted expire before your trip. The last 3 require you register (for free) to see discounts. Your other option, assuming they put up a new discount for your date is to print out the discount and take it to the theater when you arrive in NYC. I'd opt for Fri. night.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Legally Blonde - TKTS regular?

www.tdf.org lists what shows were up LAST week, so that will give you a good idea. Weeknights are usually better than weekends, but I'd still wait. In addition to the above sites you can also try www.playbill.com - currently they have $50 off thru the end of june.

Fairbanks, Alaska
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Legally Blonde - TKTS regular?

Try this code: PLUM

CT
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Legally Blonde - TKTS regular?

We got great center orchestra seats from broadwaybox.com at either 40 or50% off (I forget which), had the tickets in hand and no waiting in a tkts line!

6. Re: Legally Blonde - TKTS regular?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 01:18