We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yankee stadium tour

texas
5 posts
Save Topic
Yankee stadium tour

My husband and I are visiting NYC in a little over a week. He really wants to tour Yankees Stadium. However it is sold out. I have read that they have 20 tickets per tour time (12 and 1 o'clock) on sale each morning at the Yankee box office for first come first serve tickets for that day. My question is has anyone done this and if so what are the odds that we will get tickets? What time should we be there in line to ensure we get tickets?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Caerphilly, United...
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yankee stadium tour

We went up to the stadium 2 weeks ago not realising that all the tours would be sold out and were told that we should get there 9am at the latest if we want to try and get some made avaiilable on the day. Unfortunately our plans didn't allow us to do this so I can't advise you on whether you'd get places even then.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,824 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yankee stadium tour

I just had a hunch and looked on stubhub to see if they were selling stadium tour tickets - yup...for like $175 and more each! I couldn't believe it!

texas
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Yankee stadium tour

I checked Stubhub too. And those dates are after we are there, so no luck! I tried calling a couple of phone numbers to inquire at the stadium but only get voicemails and they say they are experiencing a high call volume so it is unlikely your call will be returned in a timely manner. I have another number I am trying tomorrow. Guess we will see! Is there anything we can see around the stadium if we do not do the tour, other than the outside of the stadium?

Thanks for all your help!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Utah
Level Contributor
15,827 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yankee stadium tour

Jules from wales,,,we absolutely loved our visit to Caerphilly castle a few years ago. The best castle we've seen yet, loved the roman amphitheatre too.

Off topic sorry

$175 for a tour ticket? Will I be mugged on the way just cause I have one? (just kidding).

Avon Park
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Yankee stadium tour

We were also hoping to do the tour the last week in June and they are all sold out. Please let us know how you work this out and if you do go in the early morning how that went. Good luck!

texas
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Yankee stadium tour

I did e-mail the tour people. They were very nice and said that they have been having quite a line by about 8:15 so we could try to go a couple of days at that time and we should be able to get tickets. They can't guarantee them but he said there was a good chance.

I thought that was encouraging!

I also saw in another post that they did open some more spots a few days before the tour online. So...guess I will check up until the day we leave.

Thanks for all your help.

southern california
Level Contributor
76 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Yankee stadium tour

I was at Yankee Stadium the other day and I arrived around 8:30 AM. I'd say there were more than 100 people in line by that time. If they release 40 on the day of, I'd say you'd have to be there at least before 7 AM. Also, know where the line starts. I talked to a guy who said everyone was lined up in the wrong place until a stadium employee walked by and told someone that they were waiting in the wrong area...

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
451 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Yankee stadium tour

GREAT info, dave. really helpful and very much appreciated. i guess i'll be heading out at 6am... =D

Vero Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
139 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Yankee stadium tour

Don't forget its the last season of this stadium before they tear it down.

So the fact that its selling for tours does not surprise me. It has alot of history and memories for many people.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
299 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Yankee stadium tour

Jenn: Are you going to a game or just trying to get a tour? My friend and I went last week and also were unable to get tour tickets (we didn't try waiting in line for the day of tickets). We were going to a game and figured that we could see the Monuments on our own.

I will give everyone a tip though and stress that if you plan to visit Monument Park prior to a game, get to the Stadium before the gates open and try to enter the Stadium as close to the left field corner as you can. We entered in the right field corner, not thinking that we wouldn't be able to walk through the outfield to right so we had to walk all the way back towards home and out to left field, dodging other fans. By the time we got to the section where they were lining up fans we had to go up to almost the top level of the stadium on the ramps where the end of the line was. We had an hour before they cut off Monument Park and I was worried that we wouldn't get through but the line does move quickly and we got through with plenty of time.