We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Appartments in Manhattan

Barcelona
1 post
Save Topic
Appartments in Manhattan

Hi to all travellers!

I'd love renting a flat for a week in NY ( August). Do you know any company who does it for not millionaire tourists or any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!!!

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,566 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Appartments in Manhattan

Welcome to the Board. NYC is not like other places and renting of apartments is NOT easily done. There are many reasons and you read them all in the hundreds of posts that have been made on this topic. I suggest you use the search features or the stickys at the top of the forum.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
99,771 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Appartments in Manhattan

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k2022756…

NYC
Level Contributor
229 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Appartments in Manhattan

How about do a little research before posting this question, that gets asked several times a day....

Durham
Level Contributor
3,931 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Appartments in Manhattan

I love Greenwich Village Home www.greenwichvillagehome.com - it's a great location and you aren't surrounded by tourists. The owner only has one apartment and it's nice and quiet.

Yalesville...
Level Contributor
17,913 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Appartments in Manhattan

elpenquin - how dare you suggest that people do research prior to asking a question?

I thought this forum was for people to get help on travel queries?

LOL

Seems like people from Australia are enquiring more than not on apartments - must be some big ad program over there for people to rent illegal or non-existent lodging.

in fact, there was a thread just recently buy an Australian about scam apartment renting......

And it seems no matter what advice is given, some are determined to send their money to these scammers - last week one person, who had already been burnt, was sending more money to some anonymous person trying to rent a flat....

Go figure~!

Poppa

NYC/Israel
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
37,566 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Appartments in Manhattan

Poppa, poppa, poppa--you are missing the point. Even though the scammer may be hundreds of miles from NYC--sitting in the hometowns of some of the questioners--it adds to their NYC trip if they were able to say, "I was scammed trying to rent an apartment--see NYC is as bad as they make it out to be on all those Law and Order shows!"

Westside
Level Contributor
1,737 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Appartments in Manhattan

Poppa

Barcelona is not usually in Australia

8. Re: Appartments in Manhattan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 12:21