We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

wicked tickets

Oulton Broad
5 posts
Save Topic
wicked tickets

I want to go see wicked on broadway,will it get cheaper the closer it gets to my holiday?How long can i leave booking the tickets before they're all gone?

Where can you recommend sitting?

Also i arrive at new york at 11.30 what does anyone suggest we do for the rest of the day? will we be jet lagged as we have come from london?

Also does anyone know if american airlines has online check in for flights from Heathrow?

Thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
16,413 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: wicked tickets

Book tickets as soon as possible. They will not get cheaper and you have nothing to gain by waiting.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: wicked tickets

Go to tickemaster.com now!

Virginia Beach
Level Contributor
197 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: wicked tickets

Buy your tickets now. the show sells out quickly.

As for seating, I would try and get as close to the center as possible to fully enjoy the first act's finale.

glasgow
Level Contributor
587 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: wicked tickets

We purchesed Wicked tickets for nearly half price at the ticket booths when we arrived with no problem at all.

I thought it was rubbish anyway to be honest.

Oulton Broad
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: wicked tickets

i've only ever heard good reviews for wicked, it's the one on Broadway new york.

glasgow
Level Contributor
587 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: wicked tickets

Yep the same one. Did nothing for me i'm afraid, but as you say most people seem to enjoy it.

Saratoga Springs...
Level Contributor
636 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: wicked tickets

Wicked hasn't been available at the TKTS booth since the fall of 2003, shortly after it opened. If you definitely want to see that show, you should buy your tickets now from www.ticketmaster.com.

glasgow
Level Contributor
587 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: wicked tickets

Sorry but that's nonsense given we purchased two tickets from the booths on the 6th April this year when in new York.

Scotland
Destination Expert
for Oban
Level Contributor
2,605 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: wicked tickets

Wicked: I've been to NYC twice this year (January and May) and both times Wicked was not listed at the TKTS booth. I do know of someone who got returns at the theatre on the day of the show in January though. If you really, really want to go, use Ticketmaster as soon as possible. I saw Wicked in London and enjoyed it, but wouldn't rave about it and don't think it was worth the hugely inflated ticket prices.

Jetlag: Assuming you are arriving 11.30am, by the time you get through immigration and customs and get to your hotel it will be early afternoon. Whatever you do, stay up. Go for a walk in Central Park, stroll around some shops. Get your bearings and get a feel for the place. Eat and go to bed at as near normal times as possible (in MYC local time), even though this means you will have been up for over twenty hours straight. You will then sleep straight through to a "normal" waking time and shouldn't suffer jetlag at all for the rest of your break. Coming back is a different story.....

Scotland
Level Contributor
109 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: wicked tickets

Hi Swimmer92. I have just purchased tickets for Wicked for myself and my partner for September. We booked to be seated in the middle orchesra area after reading previous reviews on the forum and already have to sit quite far back because tickets have sold. In total incl. booking fee's etc i think we were £130 in total which is excellent.

If you type in Wicked into the search box at the top of all the posts, you will be able to view all wicked posts and this may give you a better idea of where to sit!

Your coming from London, i can sympathise with you as we are going to be flying from Aberdeen at 6.30 in the morning then to London then NY.. were going to be knackered!! Do let us know if you get jet-lag!

Not too sure about AA, you should call them or check on there website which will be able to help you.

Have a nice trip!