We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

!st timers Coming this weekend with 2 kids...Restaurants?

oHIO
Level Contributor
62 posts
Save Topic
!st timers Coming this weekend with 2 kids...Restaurants?

We are on a baseball trip with twin 11 year olds....hitting a Yankee and Red Sox game along with it being our first trip to NYC....staying at 51st and 8th...looking for ideas for fun/inexpensive dinners?...Trying to stay away from all chains!

Ay other must sees or must dos????

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: !st timers Coming this weekend with 2 kids...Restaurants?

Welcome to the forum, fellow Ohioan.

While I have not taken my child to NYC yet and can't give any specific suggestions I can direct you to a few things.

The FAQ at the top of this forum has a list of trip reports from families with young kids. Surely you will find some good ideas in these reports. There are also plenty of posts on restaurants in the FAQ that might help get you started.

I'm a big fan of travel books and just hopped on Amazon. I did a search for "kids in NYC" and found plenty of nice travel guides geared toward the young ones. You can even get a used book for very cheap! No, I'm not affiliated with Amazon. Just like their cheap finds.

I hope I've pointed you in the right direction. Good luck and have fun planning. I'm headed back for visit #6 in July! Yippee!

2. Re: !st timers Coming this weekend with 2 kids...Restaurants?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 11:21