We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is 7 nights too long?

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
479 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Is 7 nights too long?

To spend in New York? We did initially look at either 4 or 5 nights but the flight prices back to the UK are increasing all the time.

The cheapest flights are for a 7 night stay. I know the additional couple of nights accommodation will knockout any saving made on the flights but I'd rather spend my money in a hotel than 7 hours on a plane if that makes sense!

Is it worth getting out of the city for a couple of nights if you think 7 in one place is too much?

Many thanks for any input.

NYC
Level Contributor
908 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is 7 nights too long?

When you put it like that, it sounds very reasonable! I don't think 7 nights is too much in NYC but it is a good idea to take a side trip outside the city or maybe to Philadelphia or something.

But dates (or at least, time of year) are you looking at?

Callicoon/Brooklyn...
Destination Expert
for Callicoon, Atlantic City
Level Contributor
5,344 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is 7 nights too long?

This is NYC. Believe me, you'll find plenty to occupy your time in 7 days. Some would say it's not enough time.

Scotland, United...
Level Contributor
479 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is 7 nights too long?

Thanks. We're looking at first week in December.

We're thinking about the Muse Hotel (Kimpton) on Times Square which seems to be a pretty reasonable place to stay. We've stayed at this chain before in San Fancisco. Good to know 7 nights wouldn't be too much.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
11,123 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Is 7 nights too long?

Even with 7 nights, you will still struggle to fit everything you want in.

I visited in 07 for 5 days. I'm coming back this year for 9 nights, and I am already having to cull things from my list for this visit.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,027 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is 7 nights too long?

I've never had a chance to stay more than 2 nights. Count yourself lucky!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,508 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is 7 nights too long?

My first vacation to NYC was for 7 nights and there was so much that I still wanted to do, I moved here. :)

Caerphilly, United...
Level Contributor
1,538 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is 7 nights too long?

My first visit was also 7 nights last November, I was back again the end of May this year and hoping (finances permiting) to be there again in 4-5 months time :-)

You'll never run out of plcaes to see and things to do in NY, have a fantastic week!

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is 7 nights too long?

My first trip to NYC was for 7 nights also last August. I've been back twice since then. Plus I have another trip planned for September! Trust me 7 nights is NOT too much. You'll be surprised by how addicting NYC is. :o)

Mumbai (Bombay...
Level Contributor
565 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is 7 nights too long?

My wife and myself will be in New York City for 18 nights on different days in September and October.

I really don't think we will have seen all that we want to see and certainly not a fraction of what there is to see.

Cheers,

Carlos.

East Village, New...
Level Contributor
364 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Is 7 nights too long?

I'm going on 2200 plus nights and I feel like I've barley sratched the surface. I discovered a whole new neighborhood just yesterday.