We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TV shows live audience

mackay
Level Contributor
226 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
TV shows live audience

Hi guys, visiting NY from oz with family and wondering how hard it was to be in the audience for some taped shows such as Letterman etc??? Does anyone have any clues or tips

NYC
Level Contributor
901 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: TV shows live audience

You have to check the websites to order tickets way in advance. I've heard sometimes you can get last minute tickets but I"m not sure how... I think there might be a sticky on this? IF not, maybe try doing a search.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: TV shows live audience

most shows have a standby line for those without tickets, but unless the weather is bad most people show up so getting in is a slim chance. If the show is on local tv in OZ try contacting your local station, sometimes they will have some "pull" to get tickets.

usa
Level Contributor
216 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TV shows live audience

I went to Letterman last month and it was awesome! I had requested tickets online 2 months prior to our trip. I received a call the week before and had to answer a trivia question. I was told to report to the show at a certain time to pick up the tickets on that day. When we arrived I got our tickets and began talking to one of the Pages who was asking me my favorite things about the show. I could tell something was up. As she handed me the ticket she added a sticker to it and told me to go to another line. When we got to that line the Page told me we had been selected for the first row. I about died!! It was awesome. Dave looks so much healthier in person!

Another suggestion for tickets to Dave is to walk down Broadway to the 46th St. Broadway ticket booth and keep your eyes open for young college age kids in "blue and gold letterman jackets or tee shirts". They are giving out free tickets too. We went to the show again another night by doing this. You still have to answer another trivia question, but they are easy!! Good luck.

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: TV shows live audience

I emailed the Letterman Show 2 months ago with my dates and they called me just last Thursday while I was at a yankees games for tickets to the show on Tuesday. I just had to answer a trivia question and then I got the tickets.

Manitoba, Canada
Level Contributor
650 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TV shows live audience

It is a bit easier to get tickets to Conan O'Brien, just call 212-664-3056 and keep calling back until the message says that they are booking tickets on the dates you'll be in town. We booked about 6 weeks in advance but it may be earlier or later.

We also signed up for Letterman online months before our trip and they called us just a few days before we arrived. So you could try that. You will, as the others say, have to answer a trivia question.

Here is the info for signing up online

cbs.com/latenight/lateshow/show_info/tickets/

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
451 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TV shows live audience

what other shows do they tape in nyc that you could get tix for? not a late night talk show fan so i wouldn't be able to answer any trivia questions! what about snl?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
2,653 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TV shows live audience

My sister in law would love to see the View .. we will be visiting in Sep/Oct from Australia

On the site it says tickets are booked out 12 months in advance .. we have tried emailing but no response so far

Any ideas???

Oakville, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,024 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TV shows live audience

SNL is virtually impossible Only have about 200 seats.

I emailed THE VIEW and REGIS 3 times now, 1 year ahead with only two dates when I would be in NEW YORK and nothing. Another person on this site said they did it a few months and got them????

Someone said I should have given more dates when in town, Anyway, my friends just got back and lined up at 6:00 am to get in standby line for REGIS. They got a bracelet to come back and got in

Another friend last November did the same early line thing for the VIEW and got in.

Good luck

Ohio
Level Contributor
7,980 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TV shows live audience

You can e-mail for People's Court tickets and also John Stewart's Daily Show. I've been trying for 2 years to get Stephen Colbert tickets but they are always booked.

St.Petersburg...
Level Contributor
1,497 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TV shows live audience

SNL also has a dress rehearsal show you can attend....a friend's son is at NYU and they go alot....check the website.