We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant on the night of Proposal?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
234 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant on the night of Proposal?

Hi

Was looking for a nice restaurant that my girlfriend and I could go to on the night I propose(not at the restaurant).

Looking for seafood or italian cuisine.

Trying not to take out a loan to cover the cost, but was thinking of Foley's, Redeye Grill, Blue Fin... I don't know much about that boat ride around Manhattan dinner?

Level Contributor
6,927 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant on the night of Proposal?

Well everyone raves about the River Cafe and it gets excellent reviews from the food critics it is supposed to be one of the most romatic venues in NY being on the water.

There web site gives you details of menus and prices. Whicdh i think is the

The River Cafe.Com

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
96,535 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant on the night of Proposal?

Another proposal? Tis the season I guess :) Foley's would be a good choice as there's a view and good food. I think the World Yacht would also be a good choice. Waterford, another poster here, recently went and said she liked it a lot. Or you could go for a drink at the Rainbow Grill (great view), propose and then go to dinner elsewhere. The Sea Grill is good seafood at Rockefeller Center and looks out on to the skating rink. Another good option.

NYC
Level Contributor
1,518 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant on the night of Proposal?

Hi

River Cafe is truly amazing...but also quite expensive. Another more reasonable option along Union Square is Blue Water Grill...pretty setting & great seafood. Beacon Restaurant on 56th St. has great seafood too. For Italian, I love I Trulli on 27th St....charming space & delicious food. Redeye Grill has good seafood, but it's not very romantic.

Aurora, Colorado
Level Contributor
260 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant on the night of Proposal?

Personally, didn't like Blue Fin... Redeye is kinda fun - not too special, but decent...

Glasgow,Scotland
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant on the night of Proposal?

For seafood check out Le Bernardin (http://www.le-bernardin.com). It's a little pricey but from what I can gather is worth it...

Le Bernardin - Zagat review

���Neptune���s choice��� for a ���fabulous fish��� ���splurge���, Maguy LeCoze���s ���merveilleux��� Midtown French ���temple��� ���takes your breath away��� thank to ���genius��� chef Eric Ripert���s ���sublime,��� ���inventive��� food (ranked No. 1 in our Survey), ���impeccable��� service and ���ethereal��� surroundings; granted, even the ���gods of the sea��� would blink at the price of ���perfection��� (prix fixe lunch $47, dinner $84), but mere mortals cheerfully ���beg, borrow or steal��� for this ���ultimate dining experience;��� what most don���t know is that there���s a handsome party room upstairs.

Glasgow,Scotland
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant on the night of Proposal?

Apologies for all the symbols on my previous posting. This review is featured on the restaurant website if you want to check it out.

Glasgow,Scotland
Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurant on the night of Proposal?

Have a look at One if by Land, Two if by sea on http://www.oneifbyland.com/

The menu looks delicious and there's plenty of seafood options..

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
5,609 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Restaurant on the night of Proposal?

I'll throw in March and Danube, two lovely, romantic proposal worthy restaurants. For more info on prices check out menupages.com. You can make reservations for many of these places on opentable.com.

Level Contributor
119 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Restaurant on the night of Proposal?

If weather permits.....

World Yatch Cruises. 79.00 pp on weekends , but worth every penny. It's a two - three hour cruise around Manhattan. It's intense.

Good Luck!

-KC

West Palm Beach...
Level Contributor
11,328 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Restaurant on the night of Proposal?

Blue Fin and Redeye Grill are big noisy places... neither good for a romantic setting.

I'd go for the River Cafe or the dinner cruise. You don't have to break the bank... just bend it a bit, it's a special night.

Congratulations!