We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New York waterfalls tour and the Ikea shuttle

New York waterfalls tour and the Ikea shuttle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 17:04
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
11,512 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: New York waterfalls tour and the Ikea shuttle

Lotus, what you say is true. On Sunday, when we returned, they announced that if you didn't have a receipt, IKEA stuff or your hand stamped, then you had to wait at the back of the line to board.

Central Village...
Level Contributor
18,036 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: New York waterfalls tour and the Ikea shuttle

And there are some New Yorkers who are very creative and a bit devious - so I wouldn't be surprised if in the very near future someone makes up their own IKEA stamp and offers it to the unsuspecting public as the 'real' thing............whadda ya think?

Poppa

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,344 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: New York waterfalls tour and the Ikea shuttle

If I dont buy anything (how likely is that?) i will be sure to get my hand stamped tomorrow... I wonder what they do if you have IKEA and Fairway bags when you try to board....

Ohio
Level Contributor
9,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: New York waterfalls tour and the Ikea shuttle

You can see 3 of the waterfalls from the Brooklyn Bridge and you can get fairly close to the one under the Brooklyn Bridge from the promenade.

I frankly found them quite underwhelming.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,344 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: New York waterfalls tour and the Ikea shuttle

I concur. Intellectually I know its art, but... I was more interested in playing with a new lens and trying to get interesting angles

16. Re: New York waterfalls tour and the Ikea shuttle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 17:04
Uppsala, Sweden
Level Contributor
1,770 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: New York waterfalls tour and the Ikea shuttle

"Is this the 'Viking way' to pillage and plunder America .... the land of the free and home of the brave?"

Well my dear Mr Path since we were the first ones to "discover" America we have to get something for it and the founder of IKEA is from Småland a part of Sweden where "everyone" is a cheapskate so of course his company will be the same way.

And hey we invented brave - after all we are vikings!

United States
Level Contributor
27,427 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: New York waterfalls tour and the Ikea shuttle

Can you ride the free ferry to Red Hook and not even get off and then ride it back?

Queens, NY
Level Contributor
9,099 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: New York waterfalls tour and the Ikea shuttle

No, they make everyone get off the ferry - they sort of follow you out.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: New York waterfalls tour and the Ikea shuttle

IKEA - Can't stand it. Every time I go there thinking I will give it just one more chance to impress me and it fails nearly every time. I say nearly because a few months back I got a toilet seat there which has proved to be quite satisfactory.