We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New York waterfalls tour and the Ikea shuttle

New York waterfalls tour and the Ikea shuttle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 17:04
Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: New York waterfalls tour and the Ikea shuttle

A "reliable toilet seat" it is my baseline gauge of a good quality experience.

SUNSHINE COAST...
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
22. Re: New York waterfalls tour and the Ikea shuttle

Hey QB - you are getting funnier than Lotuspath !

New York, NY
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
23. Re: New York waterfalls tour and the Ikea shuttle

If you just think about the purpose for this it won't be hard to do. The reason is so that people can get there to shop. That said it dosen't bother me that shoppers get first dibs on the ride. Just hed into the store, go and get your hand stamped (sorry where do they do this?) and return on the next boat. No problem.

BTW, you also have to get off the Staten Island ferry to return, even if it is for the same boat. Different reason, they actually count the passengers electronically there (those stanless steel posts), not to force you to visit Staten Island

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
871 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
24. Re: New York waterfalls tour and the Ikea shuttle

Seconding the Fairway, the nearby artist studios, and DEFINITELY the famous "Soccer Tacos." It's like a giant Ecuadoran open-air food court... so good, and so cheap.

Also, right by the Fairway, you can see some old trolleys... there was an interesting effort to make a kind of "shoreline" tourist run using old trolley cars, but alas... like many interesting ideas in new york, it never got much past phase one.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,344 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
25. Re: New York waterfalls tour and the Ikea shuttle

I did it on Friday. Was on the first boat to Ikea at 10am - there were about 10 of us. The return 1140 boat wasnt crowded either. But, I was the only one who appeared to have come from Ikea - or was the only one who bought anything that didnt fit in a handbag. Met a lot of Brooklyn people on the boat. One woman with kids in stroller said she expects some sort of enforcement soon but says she uses the boat regularly because its easier than schlepping the stroller on the subway - and they never check.

Bought a couple of pyrex like baking dishes, a tray that makes tubular ice cubes, and some cheap plastic cups for disguising Cava at CSN tomorrow night. Not sure why I was thinking I'd fine dining chairs there!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Yucatan Peninsula
Level Contributor
19,344 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
26. Re: New York waterfalls tour and the Ikea shuttle

Dave! Welcome back!

Planned to go back this weekend for Ikea/soccer taco trip but got sidetracked.... Thought Fairway was closer to Ikea than it seemed like on the boat - is it walking distance?

27. Re: New York waterfalls tour and the Ikea shuttle

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 12:20