We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about the ferry or boat around SOL

ontario canada
Level Contributor
180 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Question about the ferry or boat around SOL

Just trying to figure out which one it is that goes around to view the different islands and you get a good view of the SOL, I have read about different ones

but am a litte confused, we are looking for the one that is approx 1-1/2 hrs and is pretty cheap. could yous please help me out Our trip is 2 1/2 months away and thanks to you guys i have the trip i think pretty well planned so far

melissa

New York, NY
Level Contributor
65 posts
122 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question about the ferry or boat around SOL

If you are just looking for a view of the SOL, I would highly recommend the Staten Island Ferry. It is free, takes about 20-25 minutes each way (they leave 2-3 times an hour depending on day/time of day), and sails past the SOL. The other benefit is that you get spectacular views of downtown New York as well.

ontario canada
Level Contributor
180 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Question about the ferry or boat around SOL

thank you very much next question then is where to you get board?

melissa

New York, NY
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question about the ferry or boat around SOL

SI ferry leaves from SOUTH FERRY. Cost=Free, but you must get off the boat at SI and reboard (so that you can be counted) Round trip takes an hour, refreshments, including BEER, available on the boat.

New York, NY
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question about the ferry or boat around SOL

Might have been a bit unclear. South Ferry is the last stop on the #1 train (exit from first 5 cars only). Other nearby stops are bowling green on the 4 and 5 and whitehall on the R and W

Edinburgh, Scotland
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question about the ferry or boat around SOL

I found w* got a good vi*w of it from th* Circl* Lin* 1 hr Cruis* from th* South Str**t S*aport + som* of th islands too. It costs $25.

* = my button that won't work!

6. Re: Question about the ferry or boat around SOL

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 14:18