We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report

Lincoln, United...
Destination Expert
for Lincoln
Level Contributor
1,617 posts
221 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report

We had two short stays in New York during July. We stopped off in New York on the way to and from Grand Cayman.

There were my wife and I and our 15 year old son. It was our first trip to New York and we loved it, we will be back.

We stayed at the Sheraton Towers and the Omni Berkshire, both booked cheaply via Hotwire at the last minute. Both ideally located and good hotels. See my reviews if your interested.

On the first morning we took a Party Shuttle tour. Our guide was Luke Miller and he was EXCELLENT. We stopped at numberous locations and got off the bus to walk around and we also did the excellent Staten Island ferry.

In the afternoon we did the Top of the Rock. We did not book but went straight up, no lines. Great experience with fantastic views. The architecture of the inside of the building is also very interesting.

In the evening we got an early dinner in a good italian and then went to Spamalot. As a 49 year old Brit, this was right up my street. I laughed from start to finish. My family told me that at times I was the only one laughing! It was my birthday and I loved it.

The next morning it was off to the airport.

On the way back from Grand Cayman, we had less time. Breakfast and then to MOMA, when we spent a great morning. My 15 year old son is luckily really into art, so we all enjoyed ourselves. After that we walked to the park behind the New York Library for a cheap lunch. A small amount of shopping followed and then back to the airport.

We have seen enough of New York to know we will be back.

Thanks for everyone on this forum helping me with my planning, which enabled us to have such a great time.

Tampa, FL
Level Contributor
2,117 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report

It sounds like you made the most of your time! Glad you had a great birthday!!! :o)

Queens, New York
Level Contributor
25,046 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report

Excellent! Nice short and sweet visit. Congrats.

Little Rock, AR
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report

Great report--glad you enjoyed the city! I'm a female in my mid-30's who's seen very little Monty Python but I've seen Spamalot twice and loved it! I laughed out loud more times than I can remember.

4. Re: Trip Report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 11:19